Working on integration for Hisense AEH-W4A1 module

Hello everyone, i’m trying to add on a my first HA installation the hisense AC with AEH-W4A1 module.

I have done all installation as instruction (MQTT and Deiger addon), but now the resut is:

What i can recheck or verify?
Best regards

1 Like

Are there any automations available that use this integration?
For example: put the airco in night modus?

Dose someone remove wifi adapter and use raw rs485 protocol ?

2 Likes

interesting too

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I have an Hisense Air Conditioner with AEH-W4E1 wi-fi module.
Everything worked correctly for a few months until a week ago the air conditioner became unavailable with this error:

D0827 15:38:02.102 selector_events.py:58] Using selector: EpollSelector
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/app/aircon/__main__.py", line 304, in <module>
asyncio.run(run(parsed_args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/runners.py", line 43, in run
return loop.run_until_complete(main)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 587, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/app/aircon/__main__.py", line 169, in run
device = Device.create(config, notifier.notify)
File "/app/aircon/aircon.py", line 68, in create
model = config['model']
KeyError: 'model'

So I removed the config_[ac_name].json with the entire Hisense folder, then reinstalled AirCon and now when I configure it I have this error:

E0915 19:14:00.916 discovery.py:43] Failed to login to Hisense server:
Status 401: 'Unauthorized'

MQTT and Hisense account credentials are right. I tried to change the app code - it should be hisense-eu cause I use HiSmart Life app - but no success. I tried to create a new account on HiSmart Life app, but no success. What can I do?

Hi,

Same error here.
Had it working a while ago. It wasn’t perfect. But it worked (sometimes)
Now I cannot get the airco’s installed. Did everything as described.

All the AC units get recognised, with all the attributes. But the status remains “unavailable”

1 Like

I use this:

(esp-link firmware) + socat
With this code:
https://pastebin.com/YYz2JiQY
And it work and reply status or execute commands.
So wifi hisense module is not necessary, and firmware can be written in esp8266 directly, i would like better packet handling (encode/decode).

3 Likes

Hi there, is there a way to make it work with the new app as it uses the same 2.4 mhz network protocol. Regarding the configuration “GitHub - deiger/AirCon: Scripts for controlling Air Conditioners, e.g. with HiSense modules.” I have managed to configure it in HA the only thing I am challenging with is this error?

In the Integration HiSense Air Conditioners “E1022 12:55:24.811 discovery.py:71] No device is configured! Please configure a device first.”

Here is my config;
log_level: INFO
mqtt_host: localhost
mqtt_user: “null”
mqtt_pass: “null”
port: 8888
app:

• username: username
    password: password
    code: oem-eu

I have a use different login methods with mqtt_user and pasword with credentals and “null” same result.
I cant find any solution on the error what so ever.
I have followed discussions regarding this topic. with still no luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Can you elaborate a bit on the wiring and components used? I have 3 of these units, and will be trying this.

Great Job Silvio
have you some detail about project (hardware, wire connection, etc)
Thanks

did you manage to solve the problem with the AEH-W4A1 not connecting? For me, after every reboot of HA, the integration stops working.

Hi!
Does anyone have experience integrating the AEH-W4G1?

For myself, I decided to integrate the air conditioner through IR ESPHOME. While I suffer.

Hey @silviop , that’s really cool. Could you please share some details about this project? more specifically the hardware and wiring?

guys, anyone had any success with the AEH-W4GX?

Hello Silvio. Can you share informations about hardware and software to use this solution? My hisense is new, with AEH-W4G2 module and at this time no integration work.
Thank you!

Scusa Davide, mica sei di Frattamaggiore?

No, nord Italia

I use the AEH-W4A1 module. Control and status is functional but unstable. Often the module disconnects from wifi regularly every 2 minutes. Regularly every 5 minutes I am unavailable in HA. I have already replaced the module with the new problem is the same. I assume that the problem is with the program in the module. Please advise me. Is there a possibility for it to work well