Working on multiple emulated_hue instances

I like it. so emulated false in config and then emulated hue true in customize. that seems easier. thanks

although its not discovering any of them now. I got it to add and it discovered my garage door, and then i try adding a couple other domains…ive backed it down to just one other domain and can’t get anything to discover lol. even my garage door won’t answer any more, no errors in the log, it shows offline in the alexa app but i read that is fine…any idea what to look for?

oh when i ask alexa something it logs it. looks like it is not exposed. So they can be listed in alexa or not. But the ones called out in customize work either way and the ones you call that aren’t exposed will create something n the log to till you. Very cool. Thanks for all the help !

not sure what you are doing.

I did as my code above exposed_domains under emulated_hue (switch, exposes all switches)

then in customize I put emulated_hue: false for those entity_id I do not want (those switch I do not want to expose in Alexa)

when you make changes remember to FORGET DEVICES in Alexa, and then do a DISCOVER DEVICES

I didn’t know that thank you. I had it working for about 5 minutes last night and have tried just about everything i can think of and can not for anything get anything to show up now. I even backed it down to 1 emulated hue in my configuration file only exposing the cover domain which really is just my garage door. Ive rebooted echo, I’ve unplugged my real hue and tried nothing. Log file is clean

the only message i get is

[custom_components.emulated_hue] Alexa type is deprecated and will be removed in a future version

[custom_components.emulated_hue] Listen IP address not specified, auto-detected address is 192.168.86.61

61 is the ip of HA. .86 is my echo, however i also have a dot up in a bedroom. I usually leave that unplugged while doing this and just add it back once i get stuff squared away.

I have tried many variations of this as well as playing with the customize section. I have removed all emulated hue references in customize since thats how it was when i had it the first time. Here is my config file, I’ve tried just about everything, just the emulated_hue: and nothing else, 2 hue, 1 hue, 1 domain per hue, only cover, only cover and 1 other domain, all domains, true and false for exposed domains…im stuck man i really want this to work. anything you see or recommend? thanks

light:
  platform: hue
  host: 192.168.86.56

emulated_hue:
  hue1:
    type: 'alexa'
    listen_port: '8300'
    expose_by_default: 'true'
    exposed_domains:
      - cover
#      - input_boolean

#  hue2:
#    type: alexa
#    listen_port: 8301
#    expose_by_default: false
#    exposed_domains:
#      - input_boolean

#  hue3:
#    listen_port: 8302
#    exposed_domains:
#      - script
#      - scene

#  hue4:
#    listen_port: 8303
#    exposed_domains:
#      - group

Another thought, i run home bridge on a different box but i have also tried with stopping that service…

Does this require HA Bridge?

I wouls uninstall it

take out those colons in alexa and the port number, put target_ip as cip of one echo. no need to disconnect others

emulated_hue:
  hue1:
    type: alexa
    listen_port: 8301
    target_ip: 192.168.1.92
    exposed_domains:
      - switch
      - light

Uninstall HA Bridge? I don’t have it, but was about to try and install it and see what happens…Ill try what you recommend

no luck, am i suppose to do something to the phue.conf? I moved the original for a restart and noticed it created another, however its looking at that ha bridge i just setup lol :confused: .103 is another pi running only ha bridge now…

pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant $ cat phue.conf
{“192.168.86.103”: {“username”: “blah”}}pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant $
pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant $ cat phue.conf.bkp
{“192.168.86.56”: {“username”: “blah”}}pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant $

no. did you copy all files from the repository?

i think may cause problem, disconnect it out while you experiment

No, better not

try this (put 8301 or the port you are using, and the ip address of your HASS), what do you get?

try
http://192.168.2.3:8301/description.xml

(put the ip address of your pi) what do you get?

This is the output :

1 0 http://192.168.86.61:8300/ urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Basic:1 HASS Bridge (192.168.86.61) Royal Philips Electronics http://www.philips.com Philips hue Personal Wireless Lighting Philips hue bridge 2015 BSB002 http://www.meethue.com 8300 uuid:2f402f80-da50-11e1-8300-001788255acc

i also shut down that pi that had habridge - .103

I did add the files, i will paste, are they in the correct dir? they must be i had it working for 5 min at one point lol. However when I just went to copy i did notice that 1 file had different perms. I have been opening them wide open

pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components $ ls -lr
total 44
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root          root  6229 Aug 12 07:44 upnp.py
drwxr-xr-x 2 homeassistant   11  4096 Aug 12 07:48 __pycache__
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root          root 10433 Aug 12 07:44 __init__.py
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root          root 13038 Aug 12 07:44 hue_api.py
drwxrwxrwx 3 root          root  4096 Aug 12 07:48 emulated_hue
pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components $ sudo chmod 777 __pycache__/
pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components $ \
> 
pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components $ ls -lr
total 44
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root          root  6229 Aug 12 07:44 upnp.py
drwxrwxrwx 2 homeassistant   11  4096 Aug 12 07:48 __pycache__
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root          root 10433 Aug 12 07:44 __init__.py
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root          root 13038 Aug 12 07:44 hue_api.py
drwxrwxrwx 3 root          root  4096 Aug 12 07:48 emulated_hue
pi@hassbian:/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components $  

i just shut down that habridge pi, removed the hue.conf restarted ha, forgot devices on alexa and did a discover the second i saw the http://192.168.86.61:8301/description.xml page come back up. no luck. it did not re-create the phue.conf file either. Alexa does discover my lights, but they are my normal lights it always has dicovered coming from the actual hue bridge. how about editing that phue.conf file? this is crazy. I tested both 192.168.86.61:8300 and 8301 and they both come up with the above message so its talking…why can’t alexa pick em up…this is the last config i test with…i tried with just hue1 first. thank you.

emulated_hue:
  hue1:
    listen_port: 8300
    target_ip: 192.168.86.86
    exposed_domains:
      - switch
      - light

hue2:
    listen_port: 8301

the target ip should be pointed at my echo correct?

Unfortunately I have to go to a dinner. I much rather stay home and play with this, I will be quick though 1.5-2 hours. I know your taking time out of your weekend and I really appreciate that!!!

I cloned my sd card and going to let that .51 upgrade run while I’m out see if that helps…

I just noticed there is a configure button on my page. How can I hit that virtial button? If that works could I merge the two conf files? Man thanks again.