Writing a component for Luxtronik Heatpumps

After a restart, HA my heatpump was discovered automatically. Had to reconfigure, otherwise it kept reapearing as a new device. Now it’s working fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. I set now 2022.9.0 as min version.
I plan to change the internal unique id of the integration instance. Currently it is the ip or hostname. But they can change and you can create the same heatpump more than one time e.g. with ip and hostname.
In the future I will use %manufacturer%_%model%_%serial_number%.

Is there any way to get the power consumption from one of the sensors? I know that there ist one for the generated heat, but it would be really nice to know the comsumption.

This wont work. For an accurate reading you need a kWh meter installed. And for the heat you should install a flow/heat meter as well.

Why wouldn’t you use the sensors for genrated heat? Whts more accurate than the counter within the pump itself?

The sensors of the heat pump are a software implementation of the estimate heat production. This is only an indication. If you would to calculate the costs of heat production for a number of houses or shared usage in a commercial setting you need an accurate measurement.

For private use the heat pump implementation can be used.

I’m just using it to calculate how much heat I get out of 1 kWh power consumption.

Some models provides the input consumption in a calculation somewhere 250-259.

@benpr Thanks for the great integration, works fine here!

I sometimes use the boost option to manually start the water heating when there’s enough power coming from the solar roof.
Does anyone know how to create something like a timer to automatically set the preset of climate.luxtronik2_domestic_water back from “Boost” to “none” after an hour?
Thank you!

2 Likes

Try this automation:

description: "Restore preset mode after 1 hour boost"
mode: single
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - climate.luxtronik2_domestic_water
    attribute: preset_mode
    to: boost
    for:
      hours: 1
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 0
condition: []
action:
  - service: climate.set_preset_mode
    data:
      preset_mode: none
    target:
      entity_id: climate.luxtronik2_domestic_water

2 Likes

Tested it with 20 seconds, works fine, thanks!

Is there something like an overview, which luxtronic sensor is related to which reading I get from my heatpump?
I’m trying to understand what the Efficiency Pump is. In my understanding this should be the HUP (Hauptumwälzpumpe, reads main pump), but the sensor tells me it has never turned on, at the same time the HUP reads 38,5%.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 224734

Not directly. The param id is listed with the parameters at heatpump24.com.

In the newer version I have added the calc/param id in the ha attributes named “Luxtronik_Key”:

Efforts are being made to create documentation:

For the “Effizienzpumpe”:
See the ait luxtronik documentation.
The param “Effizienzpumpe” means that the HUP is a controlled HUP. With 0-10V the speed can set 0-100%.

Did you manage to do this?
I would like to increase the temperature at night, when electricity prices are lower. And use my house as a kind of thermal battery.
Any ideas on how to do this via the integration ?

I use the nordpool integration with some automations similar to what’s shown here: Save Money! Start Appliances at the LOWEST ENERGY PRICE! - YouTube
The target correction entity can be used for this purpose.

I’m considering switching to PriceAnalyzer to make it a bit easier to maintain.

1 Like

May I ask how do you visualize these graphs? Is this a custom Add on or something?

Fairly sure it is the ApexCharts Card: GitHub - RomRider/apexcharts-card: 📈 A Lovelace card to display advanced graphs and charts based on ApexChartsJS for Home Assistant

ApexCharts Card

Did you get any feedback? I’m looking for exact the same thing.

@benpr: Thanks from my side too. Works like a charm…

I would also be interested in that