Writing a component for Luxtronik Heatpumps

Hi @Bouni, I also encounter the same problem since the latest release. I used the value ‘ID_WEB_WP_BZ_akt’ to display the pump status. After the 0.88 upgrade and the latest Luxtronik fix for that release I got the same problem that HA displays a graph instead of a text value pump status.

The value of the sensor is good, ‘heating’, ‘hot water’, etc. But the graph is numeric and that can’t display text values. It also displays the “info” label with the sensor. Units of measurement is Info. Is that correct? See the screenshots below.

Before the upgrade I got something like this with the text values in the bar.

Ps thanks for the great work and this fantastic component. :sunglasses:

Confirmed, I have the same issue after upgrading to the latest version. Futhermore the status is showing False bool instead of False now.

Thanks @Bouni for this component. I love it!

Found a bug, boolean values are now displayed as false bool. While the previous component showed only false. Can you correct this? And info values like “no request info” instead of “no request”

1 Like

@Bouni Just found out that HA (polymer) adds the unit of measurement to the sensor values. I could create some value_templates to ignore the bool and info unit of measurements.

Hi,

I’ll take a look at it but I need to do some work related things first so it can take a few days before I find spare time to do it.

Any news on this topic? I hesitate to update HA to 0.88 or higher because of the issues mentioned here.

@remyderuysscher
@Roemer
@Ruald

I finally found the time to look into this. Its quite simple, I’ve defined a unit for the binary values which I need to set to None instead. I’ll push a update soon.

I also think that I will remove the unit info for datapoints where I’ve defined a dict of values like {0: “no request”, 1: "… because at the moment you’ll get something like no request info which looks odd.

Furthermore I work on writing parameters but need some time to figure out how to setup input_number and input_select components for them and how to make sure no invalid values can be sent to the heatpump because I don’t know how the heatpump is reacting if you sent invalid settings (hopefully that is well sanetized on the heatpump itself)

2 Likes

Ok, I just updated the Github Repo. Works nice for me on 0.91.1

2 Likes

Just curious what model are you using, can you describe your setup.
I want to build/renovate a house with floor heating and wondering what setup to buy.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank you.

Sure,

The pump reports itself as a MSW 6 but is sold by Alpha Innotec as SWC 62H3.
I have a well in my garden (specifically drilled for the heatpump) where a pump is submerged.
The pump is activated by the heatpump when requested and pumps water from about 17m depth through a heat exchanger and back into a underground shaft from where the water goes back into the ground water.
The water used by the heatpump goes through the same heatexchanger from where it gets the energy.
The hetpump generates hot water for the tap as well as the floor heating system.
I have the option to set the heatpump to cooling mode in summer time (I have to switch two valves by hand but its just two times a year and automatic valves would not have made sense) which works through the floor heating pipes as well.
The various floor circuits are controlled by valves that are connected to KNX heating actors.

I highly recommend to check with an experienced plumber (or whatever thes guys are called in englisch :wink: ) what model makes sense for your home. A colleague of me recently got almost the same setup as I have but with a totally different heatpump model (WWC 100H/X)

Let me know if you need further infos.

Great, thanks. The update is running without any issues. :sunglasses:

Writing parameters would be great. The most wanted feature for me is setting the RBE temperature, enable/disable heating, cooling and hot water. With that four parameters we can do a lot and you keep the heat pump logic in place.

1 Like

Thanks the boolean status has gone. I’m still having the same issue as @Ruald posted on 28th of february. Any thoughts on that one?

Hi,

I’ve disabled the history for my setup because I use Influxdb + Grafana. That means I don’t see any graphs when I click on a sensor but I enabled it to verify the problem.
If I add the ‘ID_WEB_WP_BZ_akt’ I get the right type of graph!?

grafik

I use HA 0.91.1, which version do you use?

I’m using 0.91.3 @Bouni

ScreenClip

Strange it solved by restarting a couple of times. Maybe browser cache.

Thanks anyway!

Nice to hear that it works for you now as well!

Hi Bouni,
I wanted to thank you for the luxtronik componente.
Works very well.
Good work

4 Likes

Maybe you can share your config? I have troubles setting it up. HA wont start any more after adding the config…

Hi @Kabala ,

nice to hear that you like the component!
Like @moe I would really like to see your config, looks so good :heart_eyes:

I plan to add write support to this component soon, but not sure if it should be possible to write all values.
So I started to decompile the Alpha Innotec Android App which gives the user the ability to mofify a small subset of parameters.
What do you guys think, should we just enable users to control these parameters or all?