Written some Osram Lightify support

Hi @MindrustUK,

yesterday evening I reinstall Raspberry and now everything looks good. Lights are on main screen.

Thank you very much for your support
Regards vhrabe

Hello fellow Lightify enthusiasts!

I have a few questions as I’m not able to get my Lightify bulb to show up in HA. I read through this whole thread and I can’t figure out if all the improvements are now fully included in HA or if I need to install some files still. I have included this in my config file but done nothing else:

light:
  - platform: osramlightify
  host: 192.168.1.120

I only have one bulb attached to the hub at the moment, called “Test Bulb” in the Lightify app. It’s a basic warm white dimmable A19. I was expecting this to work similar to the Hue component, and the bulb would just show up as “light.test_bulb” in my states page. Unfortunately it does not.

What am I missing? Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry folks, I had a network issue that was preventing connection to the gateway. All is fixed now.

All changes has been implemented.
You need to check the name of your light in Developer tools <>
IT will not show up as light.test_bulb if you haven’t changed the name in customization section.

This integration is working but I have a UI issue:

If I adjust the brightness of a bulb via the slider in the HA front end, there is no smooth transition like I get using the Lightify app or even when I have a Lightify bulb connected to my SmartThings hub and adjust it from HA via MQTT. I do get a smooth on/off. Is there anyway to get smooth brightness adjustment transitions?

Also, the dynamic bulb icon on HA front end always appears black with the light on or off. Again, this setting works with Lightify via SmartThings MQTT. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey guys,

First of all massive thanks for the effort getting Lightify working with HA. It’s appreciated as it’s the cheapest bulb in Europe at the moment!

A couple of points:

• I agree with @hoffsta about smooth transitions. That would be lovely.

• How can I get groups working? Specifically addressing a group defined in the app. The app is able to turn off multiple bulbs simultaneously via a group. An HA-defined group does one at a time, with a noticeable and jarring delay. Is this optimisation possible to achieve?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I’ve been using my lightify bulbs/gateway for months and they have been rock solid. Thanks for all the work you’ve put in.

Today, I tried setting up a set on my parents hub, running 40.0, and have been getting this error kicked out. Do I just need to upgrade to the latest version of HA or is there something else I can do to remedy the issue. I really don’t know what I’m looking at in these logs…

17-05-19 11:45:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up platform osramlightify
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 153, in _async_setup_platform
entity_platform.schedule_add_entities, discovery_info
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 53, in setup_platform
setup_bridge(bridge, add_devices)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 83, in setup_bridge
update_lights()
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/init.py”, line 296, in wrapper
result = method(*args, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/init.py”, line 296, in wrapper
result = method(*args, **kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 73, in update_lights
update_lights)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 99, in init
self.update()
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/osramlightify.py”, line 218, in update
self._temperature = color_temperature_kelvin_to_mired(o_temp)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/color.py”, line 387, in color_temperature_kelvin_to_mired
return 1000000 / kelvin_temperature
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero

Hi all, and can I say I am incredibly grateful to you all for developing this.

I am new to Home Assistant, and I’m running it on a RPi 3 from the standalone installation.

I’m looking to try and find out if there is any way to get this to work with the Lightify Pro gateway rather than the Home gateway.

I have a large system with both Pro and Home systems, and I’m rather hoping to get Home Assistant to work with both.

The Pro gateway also uses the REST api, but unlike the home gateway the entire thing is hosted locally on the Pro gateway with no cloud support. It also requires a username and password to access the api, configured via Osram’s commissioning app, which allows you to set and add users to the api access list.

This means that there is no route to linking the Pro gateway to Stringify, IFTTT, Homekit, Nest, etc.

Anyone with any advice would be great

kind regards

Andy

It looks like a fairly straight forward protocol, with a few of the examples and the documentation here it should be fairly quick to craft a simple plugin to support the “Pro” gateway:

https://eu.lightify-api.org/home-ui/doc/LIGHTIFY%20Pro_API%20(REST)_EN_2016.pdf

I’d knock something together but the pro gateway is a bit too pricey for me to invest in at the moment. If you’re not too attached to the Lightify hardware you could use the hue bridge instead.

Hope that helps.

Hi MindrustUK,

thanks for the response.

Problem I have with Hue is the device limit and switch support.

The Pro network I have has some 64 bulbs with two wireless 4 button switches, and two 4-button PBC switches retrofitted to the existing light switches.

Problem is that Hue does not identify any of the switches at all.

I’ve got two of the Pro gateways; one I use for testing.

If you are willing and able to mentor an utter noob in this arena, I’m happy to try put something together.

However, it may be worth you dropping Osram a line as I know they were keen to promote 3rd party app development at one stage. They may be willing to let you have a Pro gateway in order to realise that!

I’d be happy to try and get you started down the route of patching something together. I’m a bit limited on time at the minute but I’ll drop you a PM and between us maybe we can cook something up once I’ve had half hour to do some initial testing.

I’ve sent a mail over to Osram so we’ll see what they come back with.

Hi everyone,

Do tou know if home assistant support sylvania dimming switch?

Please post a new post for support with that product. This is regarding OSRAM lightify bulbs, which I report work very well with the latest version of home assistant! Nice job devs! No more proprietary nodes and software!