WTH can't automations be grouped up in folders in the UI?

I’ve been using the UI for my automations lately, and it’s actually been working pretty good since they’ve made some nice quality of life changes the past few months for automations.

The only thing though… these automations add up quick. Here is an image of what my automations page looks like at the moment:

I don’t have as many automations as some people do, but still, this isn’t too nice to work with at the moment.

Why not be able to group them up a bit so you can minimize/expand certain groups of automations you want to work with? For example, I typically work on automations in batches. As in I’ll go and setup my motion sensors, and then my door sensors, and so on. It’d be nice to more easily ignore the other automations in the list as I’m working on my motion sensors.

I made a quick mockup using Microsoft Paint as an example. Note, I’m not a UI designer by any means, and there is most likely a better way of making it look nicer:

I know that I’d appreciate something like this, and I’m guessing there are other people that would think this would be nice as well.

I believe your request may be identical to this one:

1 Like

PLEASE!!! I have so many automations, for example for my speakers, I need three automations to achieve the effect of looping media, there are 7 speakers so that’s 21 automations just cluttering the list. Sometimes there’s a way of doing something that require multiple different automations to work, it would be great to be able to group them together in some way.

duplicate, please vote on the solution’s page.