WTH can't cards have transparent backgrounds?

I would love to be able to turn off the card background for certain cards in my dashboards, e.g. for these Markdown Cards I use in some places as section titles (see below). This could be a great option for the Markdown Card specifically, or for all cards in general. Thanks, HA community! :heart:

After:

You can achieve this with a theme.

Sure, but:

1. The spirit of this board is to communicate things that we wish HA did out of the box, and
  2. It would be better in my opinion if the dashboard schema expressed an option like this on a card-by-card basis, similar to how Grafana does it. Using a custom theme and then targeting specific cards for the style change seems painful.

I came to the forum with the same suggestion, and got the same answer. Plus one from a moderator, that "it was extremely easy to do, but because of my attitude I was on my own " 🤷

I am aware of that. In my opinion, it does not contradict the intention of WTH to offer hints/easy workarounds. Because we all know even if a WTH is taken into account by the developers, this does not mean that it will be implemented immediately. So why not offer alternatives? Not every user knows how to do.

I kind of like the ask. But to get the effect you show above, another option is to use the grid card. There’s a title option (you have to flip into yaml mode to do it, but once done you can go back to the visual editor). The title comes up without a background.

You can make the grid any no. of columns (including 1).

2 Likes

was actually searching for this, thanks ALOT!!!