WTH can't I ask the iCloud integration to re-authenticate

Every month or so Apple tries to re-authenticate the iCloud integration with 2FA. This means for about a day I get regular notifications on all my devices prompting me to allow/disallow. However, there’s nothing I can do about it. I have to wait until the iCloud integration decides there’s a problem and prompt me to re-authenticate.

There should be a “configure” button to allow me to force re-authentication, so I don’t have to put up with a day of nuisance notifications.

Would also be great to get rid of the mailings “you’re Apple ID was used for signing in…”.

Just checking:

I have the same problem, two iPhones and an iPad connected to my HA through the iCloud integration. Once or twice a day I get the following E-mail to my account where I registered iCloud:

Your Apple ID ([email protected]) was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser.

Does anyone else get this? Any ideas?

I was getting one or two a day until the start of August, but haven’t had any since. I don’t recall doing anything in particular to stop it, although around that time I tried the app password option again to see if it would work (it didn’t). I realise this isn’t very helpful, but at least it highlights that there is a way to stop them.

Now I just need to figure out what is sending the 8-10 equivalent emails from microsoft (“your single use code”).

Did anyone succesfully use the “App password” from iCloud? when using, it is still asking for the verification code , while Apple doesn’t send one if you use the dedicated password. is someone in HA updating this integration to avoid using the MFA if using the App Password? Also, can someone from HA confirm how ofteh the icloud integration checks for info - battery and location?

Thanks,
Razvan

Have a look at the iCloud3 HACS addon as an alternative. It still uses the normal iCloud password, but once a month when Apple sends the verification code again, it has a method on inputting it. It also allows much finer control of what you get from iCloud.

But to answer your question - no, I gave up on the official integration because of the above reasons.

1 Like

I also switched to iCloud3 HACS addon, and it’s definitively what I’m looking for.