WTH can't I search (and maybe replace;) the contents of automations, scripts and dashboards using the frontend?

Motivation:

1. Repairs (great thing!) tell me that “openuv.update_data” has been removed and I need to update “binary_sensor.protection_window” as well as “sensor.current_uv_index” with a new service. With a search function, one could easily find the corresponding automation.
  2. In addition, I frequently search for a specific entity_id or its pretty name in automations. From time to time it happens that I rename the entity_id (my naming scheme is a living thing!).

So far I do this via grep win (especially search + rename) - but this is slow and works better for automation and scripts, not so much for the frontend.

Thanks to everyone for the fantastic work on Homeassistant. This is a unique piece of software!

So far, i am doing it with VS Code add-on’s search functionality

Yes, would love a search and replace feature like VSCode in the front-end.

Slightly off topic - did you find a resolution to the openuv.update_data service?

Yes! It is quite easy. Just use homeassistant.update_entity. For example:

service: homeassistant.update_entity
data: {}
target:
  entity_id:
    - sensor.skin_type_2_safe_exposure_time
    - binary_sensor.protection_window

This is one of the main reasons I do not switch to GUI instead of yaml.
There is no way to find errors or other snippets.

This WTH is similar to the popular WTH is there no "refactor" functionality when changing an entity name?