WTH Can't view integrations as a list instead of cards?

I can view Devices, Entities, and Helpers as concise lists with pertinent data displayed, so why can’t I do the same with Integrations? Instead of a list, I’m stuck with cards that change their layout based on window width, and are a static size that aren’t suitable for display much data. Have more than two cars in FordPass? Have more than two generic cameras? More than two of anything? Then you’re stuck with a dorky, tiny little box that provides a horrible user experience.

A list would be much more useful, and nested information can be any length.

AFAIK everything in integrations are also listed under “Devices”. Search by integration name usually works. Only thing is that you can’t see any visual groping there.

I totally agree that it is always very hard to find the right integration card. Even visual icons doesn’t help much because cards look still too different. Long list of devices inside one card is unfriendly too - for instance ESPHome and BTHome.

1 Like

Yes, this is a real problem when using lots of Shelleys. It’s very hard to find the Shelley that you want from that screen. I have to resize it so that it goes down to a small size and then lists them all in the same way does on my phone. Could be improved massively.

2 Likes

HomeKit too. I have many HomeKit integrations (segregation of device types) and it’s endlessly irritating to have to scroll inside a tiny little box to find them.

1 Like

Same also applies to powercalc integration which I am maintaining. It allows to setup multiple virtual power sensors with the GUI (and later change the options), each resulting in a separate config entry in the list.
It is ok when you only have a few, but becomes problematic when people have tens to a hundred of them.
Also ESPHome nodes (which I have 23 of), Shelly devices, Mqtt sensors etc.

I am no UX expert, but I see room for improvement.

1 Like

+1, surprised this is not as default. It can be very cumbersome when you have vast amount of integrations added.