WTH do I have to manually populate dashboards

I’d love to have the ability to get automatically populated dashboards by area and/or device type. Even better would be the ability to define a search criteria and have the dashboard contain cards for every search result.

For example, one dashboard might show all the lights in the house, grouped by area. Another might show all the climate devices. Another one could include everything with “security” in the name.

This seems like a generalization/expansion of WTH can't I turn an Area into a Dashboard automatically?

I’ve returned to Home Assistant from years avoiding it. My initial dabble in it was brutal due to the absurd amount of overhead in dashboard configurations – lack of bulk editing capabilities was a large contributor.

Personally, I have an IoT home which equates to 100s of IoT devices. The barrier to entry is huge on my end.

I’m slightly baffled that having a Voice Assistant was addressed before having easy ways to create Room or Area based dashboards outside of the Area card. Seems like a no brainer and 101 for almost every other smart home app/tool/dashboard out there.