WTH do some integrations have to be uninstalled and reinstalled completely to change options?

One thing I much preferred about the YAML integrations is that I could go in and change one thing in their config and restart. With many of the UI integrations, a lot of the options have vanished after the integration has been set up and if you want to change anything, you have to reinstall them completely. Can’t we have a config pane for each integration after it’s been installed with all the options including the original setup ones?

It’s actually even worse than that. There are some settings that can’t be changed even on initial configuration, and not just later (for example, as I discovered last night, the ZHA integration’s Zigbee channel setting).

1 Like

Exactly…so annoying, especially if you have customized any of the entities and then have to delete integration just to make some basic change (like IP address where a device is located).

1 Like

I preferred the YAML way for configuration. That could also easily be version controlled.

Can’t we just store the GUI configuration in a YAML file and have to best of both worlds ?

Can’t you set that thru yaml?

zha:
  zigpy_config:
    network:
      channel: 15             # What channel the radio should try to use.
      channels: [15, 20, 25]  # Channel mask

Take a look in the docs:

I believe the fact that you have to rebuild your Zigbee network have nothing to do with moving settings to the UI, but it is related to the Zigbee protocol itself.