WTH do we have Energy dashboard and no Water dashboard?

Created a separate item for this WTH: Cost for Monitor individual devices

@wenestvedt Even though it says Gas Consumption you can still add you water meter data to this dashboard. As long as you water data is in m3

Shhh, don’t let the secret out that liquids, gases, and solids all use the same unit of measurement for volume.

2 Likes

and then your water is showing in the Gas graph, that mixture could be called ‘emulsion’, but would not be :slight_smile:

Part 1: Add support to the energy integration for tracking water usage by emontnemery · Pull Request #80888 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

9 Likes

hear hear! finally, this is great news! thanks a lot Erik (and team ofc)

Part x (not sure which part number this is, multiple PRs have been made at this point), the frontend:

4 Likes

All merged and ready for the 2022.11 release.

15 Likes

Wow thats nice, really needed after i had an leak last year caused to pay 450 euro extra :sweat_smile:!

Now i need to see where i can buy a watermeter in the Netherlands to use it with home assistant.

anyone a link where to buy one ?
regards

I have this one from Homewizard.

It works great Wi-Fi Watermeter - HomeWizard

1 Like

cool to hear, that (at least) water meter will be implemented now :slight_smile:
Still would love to see others - but I have time to wait for this :smiley:

So… just used my old, replaced HA installation and joined the beta-channel with it…
Home Assistant 2022.11.0b0
in which beta might this be implemented :smiley: :wink:

Nice!! and finaly :wink:
maybe a suggestion to show the daily consumption in liter? after a shower today, i can see the stats but the energy dashboard only shows 0m³ (as it is 0.022m³)

As I wrote in the discord… would be great additions :
i)

• to add the energy spent (kWh) into the hot water tank or any similar system
  • to add the energy spent (kWh) into EV

in general to integrate into the genetal animation all the individual loads defined actually into a bar graph in the energy dashboard bottom section

ii) To display in the daily solar production and prediction (in a legend style)
a) the total expected produced today
b) the current production until now
c) the expected production until now

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Need help configuring water template for beta

I just ordered this one

in NL
There is also a DIY description available if you like, but whenever I can avoid soldering I avoid it.

1 Like

I personally have the watermeterkit. Based on ESPHome, works great. 3d printed the case myself by the given STL files included.

Is anyone else showing crazy high water cost ?
I have today uisage of 0.12 M3 and a price of 2.86 GBP/M3
But today cost is showing as £85.80

any thoughts on why ?

I haven’t yet setup any cost value - just tested the water sensor (with a faked nodered-counter^^)
But I will do the test… give me some time.

I can’t really validate the price now, since I have it configured a bit later - but from a fist look, at least, it seems to be in a correct “range”

does it update a hour?
Because i did see on the website tht it says 4x a day.

regards

Thanks, but i’m looking something like plug and play.
i maybe gonna order this one, if the one from homewizard does not update hourly