WTH does Home Assistant not expose vacuum rooms to Google?

I spent some time taking my Xiaomi Roborock off the cloud using Valetudo. The downsides of that is that I now no longer can access the room cleaning via Google directly. Since IFTTT does not work anymore, I cannot use “Ok Google, clean the kitchen” to start my vacuum. I can obviously create a script for each room and then use a Google action, but that is very unflexible. It should be possible to expose rooms to Google, as it has been done here: YouTube with GitHub link in description

“exposing to Google” seems to be a bad idea anyway to me!

Thank you for your concern, but that’s an issue for a different topic :wink:

vacuum entities can be exposed to Google Assitant perfectly fine

Google Assistant - Home Assistant

Sorry, misread. You can do what you want using scripts, and link those to routines.

I know, but it also should be possible to use a trait that automatically passes the rooms to Google so that I don’t have to create a tons of scripts and routines for each room…

Would love to see this baked into HA, I modify the google_assistant component with every HA update and manually add my rooms that triggers a HA script.

+1 on this.

Since this works with the official cloud solution i guess it’s somewhere in how the entity is exposed to google from home assistant it would need to be adressed?

Yeah, want this feature too the vacuum trait is already possible for a few years with room cleaning, but not yet possible from HA… Now we need to use indeed switches/scripts to expose rooms