WTH: Google assistant and NabuCasa

Honestly, not sure. Their speakers are out of stock, but the mark I goes for about $150. You can also build them yourself using a Raspberry Pi, a microphone array and speaker(s) for roughly ~$50/each (depending on speakers).

It was a ways back, so yes an older issue. I should probably experiment with adding back other household members now.

1 Like

Mine has been working fine until recently, I never removed a household member. I noticed this issue around the same time I noticed that google changed the response of the incoming broadcast message. It used to say “broadcast from…” now it will sometimes say “its from…” so they definitely changed something either in backend or firmware for this issue. The engineer who probably made the mistake must not have their stuff being shared out to their household :stuck_out_tongue:

Following. Have too many Google Homes to count and have been on HA for a year and never been bothered to try to sync them. Which is odd, b/c it’s really the MOST powerful thing you could sync - but seems that there are just SO MANY issues (whoever is at fault really doesn’t matter) - it doesn’t just ‘work’.

My solution has been to use IFTTT (gasp!) for triggering scripts in HA via Google Assistant and syncing SmartThings with Google directly in order to leverage turn on light / off light functionality.

Definitely kludgy and I’d definitely LOVE to have this working - but the thought of recreating routines on every. single. one. of my family members sounds nightmarish.

Really odd there’s not just something that ‘works’ where you can code a command, Google executes it REGARDLESS of WHO it THINKS said it - and can be bridged into HA.

Until this happens, I’ll keep up with my duct tape solution and keep waiting…