WTH HA App on IOS lists entities and devices as you type, but selecting one that is partially matched does not add it

When creating an automation or dashboard that I am entering an entity or device into the search bar will show matching names, but when selecting one it does not populate into the field. Instead I must type the full matching name of the entity or device in order to have it populate the field. Only happens on HA app, using browser this functionality works fine.

I too have this issue on iOS!

The way I get around it is:

• Start typing the entity/device item name
  • Swipe up or down on the populated list of matches so that the app dismisses the keyboard
  • I am then able to tap the item I need and it adds it as expected.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks for the tip. So it’s a problem with the keyboard still being open… interesting.

I’ve found the same technique works. But it is neither intuitive nor reliable. This is at best a workaround rather than a solution. Fingers crossed it can be resolved.

No, it’s an issue with the UI framework. I use HA since 2018 and it’s never worked correctly in iOS. Shame really.

Completely agree with you. But it’s a workaround that’s (hopefully) searchable now until an actual solution/fix is found.l