WTH - HA energy graph should be 12:00PM NOT 00:00PM for midday

Why does the HA energy graph have 00:00pm for midday and not 12:00pm when 12hr time is used. Or is it just my machine?

Its just yours? It might be the language you have selected. For me, it’s showing as 12PM.

Thanks Petro.

I checked my time settings 24hr changes midday to 12:00 so does auto but still for 12hr am/pm midday is 00:00pm. What else could I look at to try to fix this. Its honestly not a deal breaker but the time I spend with Home Assistant I think it may be for my wife.

Hm… I have to agree!

Usually, I am using “language” based settings - so my default is 24hr (german)…

So, I’ve played around a bit… and this is the outcome… might be a Display-Bug…

1. Language - English, 12hr clock format

2. Language - German, 12hr clock format

1 Like

it’s not a display bug, it’s what is configured for the language, that’s why I said

If you don’t like the default for the language that you have set, change it on your user.

sorry - I have to disagree.
[EDIT TEXT]

By default, in germany we’re using the 24hr format.
Then - the clock is right.
But we also do use the 12hr format - and in this case, it should just be the same as when I set english language.

so, this is true / valid and language independend - If I am using the 12hr format.
grafik

There’s just no 0:00 PM

1 Like

Looks like it’s a display bug for 24hr languages set to 12hr. Your last post was not clear that the comma implied changing the time format.

sry if that was not clear :frowning:

but I think it is the combination of non english language and 12hr format setting… (if this is not language default)…
And in my opinion, it should just use the same 12hr format independend on the selected language…

No it’s a combination of a default 24hr format being displayed as 12hr. A modulo is being used to change the display from the default.

1 Like

thats not how it works under the hood. Language determines time so it needs to be calculated from the 24hr format.

It should be just 12:00 (without PM or AM) if I have to believe this website

yes, since PM means “post meridian” and AM means “Anti Meridian” 12 would usually not have that extension.
But it is common that you are using 12 AM for midnight and 12 PM for noon.

Just to show, “which” 12 you mean… and I guess, this should be a good compromise :slight_smile:

did anyone already created an issue for this on the repo?
If not, I could do it… :slight_smile:

There is one open, has been for quite some time, but for the life of me I can’t hunt it down on my phone.

Edit: found it. 12pm showing as 0pm - 12hr time showing incorrectly for 12pm, showing as 0pm · Issue #11891 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like

Yes, this is my problem. In Australia we use 12hr time and our language is English. For software we usually have a choice of US English or British English (GB). The US English allows our keyboards work without problems (we use the $ sign for currency) but usually select GB English as our spelling is aligned with England (eg. colour and color or tumour and tumor).

Since I’m conditioned to use UK spelling my Home Assistant is set to English (GB). Changing this to English, which I assume is US, fixes it. I get 12pm instead of 0:00. Home assistant is not a word processor so my spelling should not be affected. Would leaving the language as English (not GB - I know it’s confusing) have an affect I can’t foresee?

changing the language shouldn’t impact the system operating wise… so I don’t really see anything that should be affected by this change.

I came here to report the same thing, but not just in the energy graph - it’s everywhere that HA displays time, such as the weather card.

My time format is set to 12 hours and language is English GB and I see the same thing - 12 noon is displayed as “00:00pm” which is absolute nonsense!

It’s only a small bug, but it is annoying!

I don’t know too much about this computer stuff but it was indicated that it is the underlying OS (Linux??) and not a problem with home assistant. Still it’s a pain :confused:

no, it is an issue when you use a specific combination of lanugage and time format.
That’s not related to the underlying OS… :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have a high priority to the devs (what I can somehow understand)