WTH is there no downgrade button

I have a late submission for the WTH. The dev team has made it super easy to upgrade ha core and supervisor, but have made it as difficult as possible it would seem to rollback, in some cases several releases if you have somthing that broke but did not realize it right away. If you search through git hub you can find the prior release numbers, then attempt to downgrade using the command line. This is relatively straight forward with ha core, you can use a command like ha core upgrade --version 2022.5.5 , but trying to do the same with ha supervisor is extreamly difficult. I have searched thorught he various forums trying to figure this out, but in then had to try and find a old backup and use it to install a previous version of supervisor. This should not be this difficult. The HA dev team has implemented a LOT of Breaking Changes, particularly as it relates to Supervisor. Half of the funtionality that I have had working for years has stopped working in the last 6 - 9 months. I don’t have time to try and fix every issue. I need to roll back to a version that work and then work on updating my configuration to work with the new release in a test env while still being able to rely on a working version. I use ha as my home alarm system. Having break is not option and having it be some difficult to roll back or having to use backup (assume you have one that old) to get back to a version that work is far more difficult than it should be. Please dev team, add a simple option in the system menu to be able to select a prrior version of both core and supervisor to roll back to in the event of some major braking changes that reder your ha configuration inopperable. Thank you.

A well developed and tested backup plan for your environment can’t be implemented with a “downgrade” button. You need to develop and test this for yourself. I’ll refer to a previous post of mine:

1 Like