WTH is there no option to resume media after a TTS announcement

What do you mean? Music Assistant with resume after tts?

Yes please, do so here. Other people might also benefit. :+1:

Sorry, I was not clear. I meant the resume script/package

Ah ok. What do you suggest?

You quoted a post I wrote a year ago, when the announce feature was reported to work.

I can’t comment on the current situation because I no longer have any Google Home devices.

The announce feature doesn’t pause the existing music, it plays over it (at least that’s how it works for Sonos speakers). Maybe it works differently (or not at all) for Google Home devices.

Sadly it does not work at all. Music pauses/stops and does not resume.

I was just hoping to find a acceptable solution because it is quit annoying that tts messages stop music.

My suggestion was using this script/package
I assumed that was the script you were referring to

I have tried your script, which looked very sophisticated, but sadly I could not get the following to work:

The only way I can keep multiple google home/nest speakers in audio sync is to create a speakergroup in the Google Home app and cast to that group.

If I then cast music to the group like:

service: script.google_home_resume
data:
  action:
    - service: media_player.play_media
      target:
        entity_id:
          - media_player.cast_groep_woonkamer_keuken
      data:
        media_content_type: music
        media_content_id: http://icecast.omroep.nl/radio2-bb-mp3
      announce: true

and then tts to only one speaker of the group like:

service: script.turn_on
target:
  entity_id: script.google_home_resume
data:
  variables:
    action:
      - alias: "Send TTS message"
        service: tts.cloud_say
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.cast_google_nest_woonkamer
        data:
        extra:
          volume: 0.5

That one speaker plays the message and resumes, but the other one of the group turns off when the message is played and stays muted after playing the message.

That won’t work for me as I do not generally cast tts to the exact same entities that are playing music and I do want my music to play in sync.

For that to work you need to specify the group and it’s members in the script settings

ahh, I see. Now it works just fine. From your documentation it was not directly obvious to me where you defined the groups for in your example.

Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like