WTH isn't Eufy an officially supported integration for video cameras?

I’ve had a nightmare ownership experience trying to integrate 9 Eufy cameras of all kinds (wired doorbell, old floodlights, new floodlights, indoor 2K cams) into HomeAssistant, for the purpose of streaming through HomeKit Secure Video. Only the indoor 2K cams work natively w/ HSV, but I don’t use them exclusively through Homekit because now my cameras are fractured and this makes life hard for those in the home also using apps to manage SmartHome stuff.

My family uses AppleTV’s to control our televisions as our cable app works well through it. This means I LOVE having video available on the TV, including doorbell alerts. I’ve tried every homegrown solution out there and there is no reliable solution yet.

PLEASE make a native integration that works with Homekit Secure Video with Anker/Eufy!

P.S. Repeating one more time that I’ve tried all of the known homegrown solutions available, incase folks want to throw them in the comments. My goal is consistency and reliability so I can ditch the Eufy app once and for all.

Please take the time to read the WTH rules.

1 Like