WTH offer additional services within a new "premium" subscription plan

I see several WTH suggestions to introduce new nabu-casa features (encrypted config backups on cloud, multiple HA instances linked to the same nabu casa account, alert to notify user if his HA is down, etc.) Since some of those new “advanced” features come with a cost (e.g. cloud storage for config backup) they could be “packaged” in a new “premium” nabu casa subscription plan, that could also contain some more value-added services (I don’t know: VPN, webinairs, api key of some partner’s service, service desk, etc.) I think several people would be willing to pay some dollar/euro more for it.

Honestly not sure this is a good Idea. i would be wiling to pay for SOME additional services but i don’t agree with service desk and webinars. Here is why

• Service desk : we have a huge community. i understand that sometimes oyu don’t get an answer to a question but maybe retry. There are a trillion use cases fro each individual . Not all can be covered.

Webinars: who has time for that, HA relies there again heavily on the community. On the other hand stuff evolves so quickly here.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree, I just launched the idea to group some high-value added features that have a cost (like cloud storage) and offer them in a “premium” subscription with a little additional fee. I don’t know wich features could be interesting for the community (to me: multiple instances, encrypted cloud backup, HA offline alerts), I’m only suggesting the nabu casa team to think about this commercial opportunity, that could help to keep the best programmers collaborating to the project.

1 Like

Another premium feature interesting to me could be a “package” of api keys of useful services - e.g. advanced weather forecast/history, traffic info, stock prices, etc. I think many people would pay some dollar more to have such a package, possibly including not free 3rd party api, easily configurable as a new integration (I just buy the package, login to nabu casa within the configuration wizard of the new integration and… ta-daaa! a lot of entities appear and are ready to use, without need to be an expert user to configure all of them. After all I’m paying a nabu casa subscription only to easily integrate with Alexa, even if I do have skills to setup a free integration through AWS.

Honestly, one of the worst suggestion that may come from a community of a project. We would expect such thing from HASS staff, but not from the community… If you want to have someone to pay to do your job, you can just contact someone from hass staff and pay him, dont ask them to make payment plan

1 Like

Nabu Casa Staff have their own priorities and can’t be taking DMs for help every min of the day. People are asking to pay for convenience and that is currently why people pay for things. Literally anything you pay for is for mere convenience. It would be optional so you would not have to pay for these things. Please do not have such a bad attitude towards the community. Thank you

3 Likes

Georgi I acknowledge that we disagree, I respect your opinion but I strongly affirm my right to have a different opinion. By the way, when you write “we would expect” I don’t know exactly whom your “we” refers to, but consider that probably that “we” includes me (and my opinions) too…

1 Like

Ok, english is not my primary language, and in this case , WE is ME because obviously i can not talk from the name of the community, not from these that can afford to pay for sure .
So I would expect payment plan to come as request from the staff, not from the community. And if the staff feel the need of this premium plan they will suggest it, i am sure that they wont need from us to tell them that.
And also, i am sure , that i have that right of opinion too… And if your opinion and my opinion are still in the forum and not removed from moderator or something then everything is OK. And if i think that your opinion is wrong or something then I need to tell you that, or may be the forum is only for Positive posts ?