WTH Single automation for multiple instances of same automation with different devices

Got it . I think you mean deriving the input_helper name using templates

Thanks for the link I appreciate his style will look it

So finally, with the week end,I have time to write a more accurate description.
Blueprints are just a partial solution.
Please look at the updated top post

The stuff about granular settings in the frontend is done in the automation itself, in the ui. Everything there is done through the Ui accepts or creation of the blueprint.

Also, if your request at this point is only for automation specific variables, then it’s already a wth and it’s a duplicate.

Thank You very much for your feedback.
So no way to avoid duplicate helpers.
Could you please link the WTH so I can upvote if it is what I mean?

Hi Petro this is not exactly what I wrote .
I do not have a problem creating 3 helpers manually.
I think it could be smart to have a mechanism to replicate them per instance without multiplying them. , i.e. have to create 3 * numebr of areas helpers be it manual or automatical
I hope i was clear

I voted the above also. The request seems logical too

No it’s still not clear. If it automatically creates them it does what you want. If you mean “without multiplying them” as in “no entity is created”, that goes against home assistants design. An entity will always be created and requests like this in the past have always gone ignored because the system is designed around the state machine which is what stores your data.

I currently have one custom sensor per area and automation that carries as attributes the related parameters in attributes (hence state).
And one single set of input helpers associated to the attributes (parameters) feeding the sensors/attributes.

This through a custom appdaemon I have programmed.
Which is not ideal
Please check thenimage attacched

Config screen

Then the automation uses trigger.id to differentiate devices entities per area as in a post in this thread

Yes, what you’re describing is helper entities…

Sure. A variant

It’s not a variant, it’s identical to your intention. You’re describing entities that perform specific actions in the automation. That’s the whole point of helpers in general. They are pre-defined entities that have specific settings and ranges that you can use to do anything in HA.

For future reference, the Blueprint Tutorial demonstrates how to create a blueprint and explains its functionality.

1 Like

Nevermind. Thank you anyway.
It is evident I am not explaining it well.
I will keep my appdaemon.
Once it is finalized I will share it .
Maybe seeing what it is doing will clarify things.
Maybe

Once again: I do not want to define parameters times instances helpers.
Just a number equal to instances

Yes, and helpers that are automatically created does that… You won’t define them. They are just created. I don’t see how you can’t understand that. That’s what that WTH is asking for. It’s asking for things to automatically be created for the user without having to define them.