WTH Single automation for multiple instances of same automation with different devices

I understand that.
I wrote “fewer helpers”.
For an automation with 7 parameters in a home with 7 rooms that is 7 helpers vs 49 helpers

I hope I explained

And I said…

If you don’t understand that sentence it means:

You aren’t going to get what you want. You’re always going to get an entity.

Also, that’s a separate WTH.

or

Lastly, automations themselves have the ability to store local variables. However they are not editable after creation.

Ok you are right! Now I UNDERSTAND
Thank you for the constructive debate.
This moves communities forward.
Got it you need a state. Fine

I think you are one of the few that took time to read carefully. This is what I mean: avoid one input helper per blueprint instance

This is Not what I meant

Dude, I’m done describing it. I know what you want, I know the current WTH’s out here. Everything you’re asking for in this WTH is already being asked for in others, or the functionality exists.

I feel too that unfortunately the discussion is getting nowhere and
I know what I am suggesting (not asking, this is an open source project and people that are not contributing kindly suggest, do not ask :-)).

I still think that it is not exactly what has been described (just one person above wrote what I meant) but no problem.
Let’s move on.

My best regards

What you’re asking for isn’t really complicated. I’ve used appdaemon for years. I found that I didn’t need it anymore because I could get what I want with the built in automation engine, and I have very complicated automations. At this point, you’re either being stubborn or you don’t understand my responses. :man_shrugging: