WTH There isn't a dropdown that can be used as a menu / navigation that will close (I found some 3rd party but they stay open upon return)

I have a ton of dashboard views and am trying to find ways to navigate them easily. One way would be to have a dropdown that can be used as a menu by using buttons and navigate to. I did that with custom:collapsable-cards card but the issue is that it stays open unless you change dashboard. In other words, if you go to a different view within the same dashboard, you will find it still open on your return. If you change dashboard entirely (I have 4 each with many views) then it will be closed upon return.

A workaround I found is to have a “Home button” at the top of my 3 typical vertical stacks on each dashboard. The Home button takes me to the main dashboard, while the other just tells me what dashboard I am on.

On my main dashboard I have 3 vertical stacks. The left most one has my navigation buttons. This works great, but it means that I have to go home before accessing any other view. The dropdown could limit this issue somewhat (I can’t add all dashboards and views… too many) with at least all views from the same dashboard.

Using the top bar to pick the view is slow, and nearly useless on a mobile phone.

On my phone this is what I see when I press home:

Example of a view with the button up top to take me back to the main dashboard.

A variant that I am experimenting with now, thanks to the new subview is this:

Which takes me to a view with only this:

While this appears to work on mobile phones, it is horrible on anything else.

I think a dropdown that closes itself would do the trick…