WTH Why can’t we get back entitiy_ids in frontend

(…and why has the States view in Developer Tools become so cumbersome?)

As is known, in earlier versions the respective entity_id was permanently displayed in frontend forms ( cards, Developer Tools, etc.).
The current state is confusing.

For example:
automation.rainbow
script.rainbow
input_boolean.rainbow

has now become

Rainbow
Rainbow
Rainbow

in the frontend.

If I select an entity in the “States” section in Dev Tools and do something else in between, I am often no longer sure which entity I have in front of me (by the way, it is just annoying to have to expand the form again all the time).

The list below is nice, but useless on my tablet, as the attributes column is not visible in portrait mode.

Yes please. Just like the pulldown lists. Put that style everywhere.

E.g. Use this display

in places like this:

5 Likes

I would like to add that it should show the entity ID somewhere in the automation because it gets confusing with things like WLED that names everything the same. When going to change a automation that uses many WLED devices you cant tell which device you are changing.

I am using WLED as a example here but I have had this happen with other devices too.

Show the entity ID in Developer tools in a way that can be copied to clipboard please. This use to be possible until the entity field replaced the entity ID with the entity name/object I believe.

Although type ahead is supported, I still prefer to copy and paste if I’m already inspecting an entity from developer tools.

1 Like

It can be copied in Developer Tools but you have to search it in the list below. At the left there’s a copy button. Cumbersome.

1 Like