WTH - Why can't I mount an SMB share, NFS, host volume, etc in HASSIO

I guess you’ve assumed I haven’t? I appreciate your response, however, the point is it shouldn’t be this convoluted. Go to view, enter UNC. Why is this not a core feature?

There also isn’t much detail in how to achieve using the add-on you prescribe, and the packages you detail in this thread.

Because no one has written it.

You have posted here, thereby proving you can type. So type.

Thanks for the advice.

Possible and supported are not the same.

This is true. It is possible to mount NAS folder to the Media folder using shell_command: but although possible, this does not seem supported.
In fact, the documentation at Media Source - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io) seems to indicate it is not possible for remote folders to be added.
If someone can find official documentation for mounting a NAS folder to Home Assistant, then I am happy to be proven wrong, and will follow it myself to make it work :slight_smile:

I would actually like to map a folder for motionEye, as mentioned earlier in this thread, but not to the Media folder as I don’t want all my CCTV footage to appear in the Media Browser. I’d like to have it map to a folder in the Share folder, but have not been able to get the mount to work. Can easily make the folder using shell_command and then mkdir command, but I can’t for the life of me work out how to mount the NAS folder to the dir.
Note: I am using Home Assistant OS on a Home Assistant Blue.

1 Like

I also would love to mount either an SMB share or an NFS export from HASSIO. My use case is:
I have integrated a Telegram bot into Node-RED running in HASSIO, and I want to be able to integrate either SMB or NFS commands to do the following:

• Get directory listings
  • Change directory
  • Print the working/current directory
  • Download a file to my Telegram client’s host (typically a mobile phone)
  • Upload a file from Telegram client’s host (typically a mobile phone)

The main intent is to provide remote, secure (relative speaking, of course) access to files on my Synology NAS or other SMB or NFS device.

Why is there a plex addon if nas discs can’t be mounted?..
Should probably join forces and put u down a bounty for someone to implement…

1 Like

Just don’t use ha os. Supervised on docker gives an almost identical experience and will solve ths