WTH Why is the dev tools /state still so slow

The dev tools have seen several changes to improve usability. However, the (developer-tools/state, called StateS) states page still is terribly slow to load. So slow it was moved from being the landing page of the dev tools :wink:

Please give it some love. Users with many entities will be for ever in your debt.

It’s the slowest page throughout HA.
I always hate when I have business with it :laughing: not to mention when I click it by mistake and the webpage freezes for a few seconds before I can escape it.

1 Like

Currently state page is almost useless since it’s so slow. Just had to update input_number decimal value and it took 15min ! Needs total recreation.

1 Like

I have the same problem, with the impact, that NodeRed is not working correctly, sometimes only slow, sometimes the react is not working, If i search for a entity in nodered, it is not working, have someone the same issue?

On my side, BLE Tracker added 40.000 Devices, it looks like, this is slow down the system. I deleted them from known_devices.yaml, after a restart it looks better. But i have to test it.

Could you do me a favor and check the integrations dashboard and next entities and helpers?

The entities lage won’t behave in my config and, running the 2024.8 beta the same is happening to the helpers view

Seems there is a constant reevaluations of the list by the Frontend upon state changes.

I have 2 open issues on the matter, and if you also see this, please chime in?

and

One way to make the effect of the slowness less apartment would be to allow users to disable the “beautifying” of states.
If states and attributes was preserved as they should when you open the more info then you would not need the states page as much.