Wunderground Weather and Home Assistant

Hello
Just saw this now. Sorry for the delay. I’m not sure about pushing the console temperatures to HA. What I did was on the home page of HA I have the ability to log into my weather stations portal (hosted by acurite) and view the current weather from my PWS. Not quite the same as what you are looking for.

What software do you use to display your weather station data on your computer?

Weather Display has built-in mqtt that can be used to send data to home assistant.

Hello
I don’t have specific software to display the weather data. My PWS comes from Acurite and in order to see any data on the computer I need to create an account and login to view my it. In order for this to happen I had to buy a special component that will upload the data to the Acurite. I also have a separate display console in the house. My HA has a web card(?) that logs into my Acurite account and displays the same information as I would see on the computer.

I have a Holeman Aspect Wifi Pro. It is a rebranding of someone else’s and Holeman has discontinued it.

It feeds data to Wunderground and for the last year I’ve been picking it up and logging it in a PWS iPhone.

I tried to install this plug in. Was working, but was getting a few errors and warnings. Then I was fiddling in the config file (obviously have no idea what I’m doing) and it broke the Wunderground station - no update on computer and no update on PWS iOS app and no update on Wunderground website.

Took out the config text. And service restored.

I really need to learn how to split and organize config YAML. :joy:

Where do I put that config YAML text? I thought within the sensor grouping?

Can you tell me how you got this working? I have an AcuRite 5in1 with a AcuRite Access and would like to get that info into HA.

Hello
It’s been awhile so I might not remember all the steps. I believe I watched this YouTube video. I also don’t think I added any of the weather station entities; I believe they showed up in home assistant. I did add an entity card for the weather station and assigned it the URL + login of my Acurite account. My AcuRite This allowed me to click on the entity card icon (mdi:weather-hurricane) and it would take me right to my Acurite Access to view all the data gathered by my weather station.

Hope this steers you in the right direction.

Acurite web page with PWS information.

It does not work with version 2022.10.0

still working for myself and im on that version

hi, I managed to integrate my PCE weather station into HA via wunderground. but the data is not updated. I have to restart HA every time I want to see real time data. Can anyone help me. however, I don’t see in HA all the sensor data that I entered in yamal.

Hello Peris74. Does your PCE weather station not show up in home assistant? That’s how I was able to pull my PWS info into HA. Note that all of the sensors are “Unavailable”, This is probably because it’s cold outside -7C and the lithium batteries maybe weaken or need replacing.

Yes I can see the sensors but they don’t update until I reboot.

as you can see they are stuck at last week. until I restart they don’t update anymore

Yes… I see they are stuck on last weeks readings. That’s frustrating. I’m not sure what “card” your using within Home Assistant dashboard. I’m using a “Entities Card” (red outline) within a “Vertical Stack Card”. Please see screenshot.

Hello, I am brand new to Homeassistant and I have a problem installing Wunderground.
I did everything as described on Github but I can’t add it to the integration.
Can anyone help me?

As you add configuration to the config.yaml file it will be propagated automatically into your HAss, try restarting it and find it under Entities type into filter wup and it should show up all what you set in yaml

Thanks for the answer. I restarted the system but nothing is displayed in the entities. But I found an error in the log, maybe someone can tell me something about it?

screenshot-192.168.178.90_8123-2023.01.17-11_23_07

2023-01-17 11:20:44.512 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration scheduler which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-01-17 11:20:44.513 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration waste_collection_schedule which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-01-17 11:20:44.514 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration wundergroundpws which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-01-17 11:20:44.515 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-01-17 11:20:50.951 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [pyhomematic._hm] Failed to initialize proxy for homeassistant-wired
2023-01-17 11:20:51.000 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.wundergroundpws.wunderground_data] Check WUnderground API ('NO CURRENT RESULT',)
2023-01-17 11:20:51.006 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component wundergroundpws
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 253, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/config/custom_components/wundergroundpws/__init__.py", line 100, in async_setup
    raise PlatformNotReady
homeassistant.exceptions.PlatformNotReady: None
2023-01-17 11:20:51.017 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform wundergroundpws.sensor: Unable to set up component.
2023-01-17 11:20:51.019 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform wundergroundpws.weather: Unable to set up component.
2023-01-17 11:21:00.774 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of homematic is taking over 10 seconds.

To me, it look like you are not using right API_KEY or PWS_ID, as log says

Check WUnderground API (‘NO CURRENT RESULT’,)

Another idea what comes to my mind is to update the HAss and component if possible

Also check that your Device is Online on wunderground

1 Like