Wyze Cam V3 - RTSP works!

Has anyone been able to configure a time for the RTSP_THUMB setting? It looks like it should accept a boolean if you want the default 180 seconds, or a number if you want it different. If I set a number, it automatically reverts back to true instead.

Stopping the add-on seems to help if the value doesnā€™t stick.

RTSP_THUMB and API_THUMB will be merged into a dropdown list SNAPSHOT starting with v0.7.x. Were there any particular interval values youā€™d like added to the list?

Looks like even after updating Iā€™m still not able to set it. I edited the configuration via YAML with the addon stopped, and get this error when saving the config:

Failed to save add-on configuration, value must be one of ['API', 'Disable', 'RTSP']. Got {'WYZE_EMAIL': 'redacted', 'WYZE_PASSWORD':  'redacted', 'NET_MODE': 'ANY', 'SNAPSHOT': 'RTSP30', 'MQTT_DTOPIC': 'homeassistant'}

Iā€™m aiming for around 15-30 seconds, but I donā€™t have a fixed requirement. Ultimately what Iā€™d like is if calling the snapshot service against the camera would generate a fresh snapshot instantly, but it looks like it just pulls the latest RTSP thumb when you call that service. So thatā€™s why I was looking at increasing the refresh time on the thumb.

Yeah, the config schema makes it a little difficult to have some of the more complicated ENV options.

I added a few extra RTSP intervals in v0.7.1.

1 Like

Dude, youā€™re fast! The intervals are working for me now in v0.7.1. Thanks!!

Official RTSP support for Wyze Cam v3 finally released!

2 Likes

Did you tried it ??

No mention of substreams. :frowning:

I been using it for awhile, I am having trouble adding more than one camera to the file editor.
Is anyone using multiple cameras?

I used the RTSP firmware on my WYZE v3 and its working. Iā€™m using it with my SYNOLOGY Surveillance Station and then I use the Synology integration into HA. Prior to getting the firmware, the WYZE was useless with my Synology. So it works for me.

@SgtBatten Could you use the bridge in combination with the rtsp firmware as a sub stream?

Is anyone using multiple Wyze v3 cams? I am able to view the live feed from my first cam but the second one doesnā€™t show the feed. There is an error message in my logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.worker
Source: components/stream/worker.py:369
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:45:56 AM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:53:00 AM
Error opening stream rtsp://10.0.0.42:8554/greys-cam

I am using the Home Assistant add-on.

Edit: It appears there is an issue with the cameras connecting to my internet. I was able to view both camera feeds in the Wyze app but now Iā€™m not.

Which addon?

Iā€™m using the Docker Wyze Bridge and MotionEye addons and I have two Wyze V3 cameras working OK. No errors in the log.

Has anyone been able to add Wyze Cam v3 to Milestone Xprotect? I copied the rtsp feed url into VLC and it isnā€™t working? I have successfully added the cam to Milestone but they donā€™t stream. I am missing something. BUT! I do have a V2 successfully running in Milestone. So what is the difference?

Trying to use as an HA addon 0.76. Sharing the log messages as follows. 2 cameras have DLTS firmware so not being shown, however one camera which is shown as online [Home City] in mobile app, is showing as offline in the log , hence not getting connected for any RSTP streams.

:rocket: STARTING DOCKER-WYZE-BRIDGE v0.7.6
:house: Home Assistant Mode
2021/10/14 18:10:45 [WyzeBridge] :books: Using ā€˜userā€™ from local cacheā€¦
2021/10/14 18:10:45 [WyzeBridge] :recycle: Refreshing camera data for thumbnails
2021/10/14 18:10:45 [WyzeBridge] :books: Using ā€˜authā€™ from local cacheā€¦
2021/10/14 18:10:45 [WyzeBridge] :cloud: Fetching ā€˜camerasā€™ from the Wyze APIā€¦
2021/10/14 18:10:46 [WyzeBridge] :floppy_disk: Saving ā€˜camerasā€™ to local cacheā€¦
2021/10/14 18:10:46 [WyzeBridge] :broken_heart: DTLS on Ryd_Home_Lounge FW:4.10.7.1068
2021/10/14 18:10:46 [WyzeBridge] :broken_heart: DTLS on Ryd_Home_Entrance FW:4.9.7.1068
:clapper: STARTING ALL 1 CAMERAS
2021/10/14 18:10:46 [WyzeBridge] Starting rtsp-simple-server v0.17.3
2021/10/14 18:10:47 [Home City] IOTC_ER_DEVICE_OFFLINE
2021/10/14 18:10:47 [Home City] :ghost: Camera offline. WILL retry in 10s.

This camera is located geographically in another country and accessed via Internet. The other two DTLS cameras are at the same location of HA Bridge , but I guess even these will be accessed via Internet, not sure if local cameras on the same network can be or will stream better if connected via LAN/WLAN. (Just informing if it would make any difference to trouble shooting)

Has anyone got a similar situation and any possible resolution that can be recommended.

==============================================
Update 29 Oct 21

An update to ver 1.0.1 and then .2 solves all the mentioned problems. Everything working fine. Great piece of software to integrate the monitoring cams in my under planning HA dashboard.

Hi all! I am having some troubles with my cameras. I was able to install the docker-wyze-bridge and I put my wyze email and password.

after that, I can see the thumbail of the cameras but they show as idle or unavailable:

The log shows me the following:

Am I missing something? Do I need to add anything to Configuration.YAML?

help!

This looks great!

Could anyone comment on what kind of CPU load does this put on the device running HA when using as an add-on? Iā€™ve got HA running on a Raspberry Pi 4 and a handful of wyze cams. It canā€™t handle much video processing.

you need to add the cameras in your config

• platform: ffmpeg
    input: http://[IP]:8554/[STREAM NAME]
    name: [YOUR NAME HERE]

then reboot

be aware that there is currently a known issue with this bridge - cameras seem to be dropping after a few minutes of connection with the latest release 1.03 - there is a active discussion on github about it

thats on a i3 nuc - not much help i know - but at least some sort of comparison

1 Like