Wyze lock keypad

Does anyone know if the Wyze door lock keypad (just the keypad, not the lock) can be integrated in HA to trigger automation based on which code is entered? I’m looking for something I can mount outdoors that can send commands to HA based on the code entered. That way I can give my house cleaner her own code and have HA open the garage when she enters her code, but only on the days/times that she is supposed to be there.

https://wyze.com/wyze-lock-keypad.html

3 Likes

ever get anywhere with this?

Nope, I never did. I found something on the forums about Wyze locks that may work with this keypad. But I never bought a keypad to test it. The integration seemed minimal which made me worried that the keypad functionality would be very limited.

Hey guys, saw you mentioned my guide.

Seems as if we got it all sorted as far as “limited integration” goes. Just takes some snooping in the logs and updating the lock.py file for zha, typical zha quirks management, if it’s new for you, once you do it once or twice it’s easy enough.

As far as the keypads go, I’ve had no issues with using wyze’s own keypads, even when the locks are attached to my raspbee instead of the lock hub. The keypads seem to use some sort of nfc or bluetooth or something, they work independently as long as they are set up in the app ahead of time.

Furthermore, you can still use the locks within the app, last I checked, by turning on bluetooth and connecting to the locks that way, locally. No cloud control, but the local control remains intact, including the keypads.

But, I do not believe the lock keypads are talking to ha, they only directly talk to the locks as far as I understand. You essentially pair them to the lock when you set them up.

1 Like

Is your keypad paired via Bluetooth to HA?

Nope, it’s paired to the lock. My zigbee is on the fritz right now so I just repaired it to my wyze hub and it’s back in the app now. The keypads don’t pair to hass, only the locks. The key pads are linked directly to the locks themselves.

I was really hoping it would pair to HA so it could be used as a trigger