Wyze starter kit

I just received this today and was able to setup the motion sensor but the door sensors won’t pair.

I have the binary sensor device set to auto. Was thinking I was going to have to pass the usb from Ubuntu host to docker but my sensor paired just fine and is working.

Any ideas? Could it be I got bad door sensors?

Should I be seeing 2?

There is a line of code “dmesg | grep hidraw” you can run to confirm but also are you running the wyze.scan function and if so make sure you are pushing the pin tool on your sensor after you trigger the scan think you have 30 seconds

I ran that line of code in ubuntu and that’s where my screenshot came from showing there are 2. I finally ended up pairing both door contact sensors, but for whatever reason one of them does not report open close so ended up contacting Wyze and there sending me a new one.

HaHa I see that now shoulda had my glasses, glad you got it worked out they have been pretty fair to consumers from all the posts I’ve read

LOL. Yes they were easy to work. I think my issue was maybe I was too far. My pc is upstairs and I was in my office downstairs. Since my motion sensor paired I figured I could just do it from my office. Ended up going upstairs and it paired. Guess you got to be real close upon pairing because it still work iny office.

I don’t know but I can tell you that the range is pretty darn good I have an office on the second floor and I have a sensor in my shed in the back yard and that works quite well I was a little concerned about that as I have my bridge plugged into the back of my motherboard inside my rack with 3 other servers was thinking electrical noise may be a problem but not so far

Glad to hear, I was thinking about putting a sensor in my shed too and one in the mailbox once the replacement arrives. Maybe you know the answer to this, but I bought a wyze cam and I heard they work with HA, but does it require another bridge to get it connected? In the wyze setup the bridge is connected to the camera.

I haven’t tried to directly integrate my wyze cams in HA but I did setup blue iris with them and then you can use them in HA and the bridge does not come into play with the camera’s but you will need to flash the firmware for RSTP I have had mixed success for instance when I first set them up for quite a few months they would just drop offline no pattern just this one or that one always had to re-establish with the app then one day a month or so ago they just started staying online so it was definitely on their side but just the past few days now and only one the same one drops off line so its still a crap shoot when you setup RTSP it gives you a generated url so that may play nice with a direct integration in HA

1 Like

This whole time I been thinking I need the bridge. Got it working! Blue Iris is next on my list. Thank you for your help!