Wyzecam integration

Update #2: This error occurred because of my configuration.yaml setup. Essentially I used the wrong type of include. I should have used !include_dir_list instead of !include_dir_merge_named.

Update #1: So, I don’t understand exactly what is different, but I reverted the changes and it doesn’t complain now. Never mind.

I tested this a few days ago and I thought I remembered it working. Today I decided to rename the camera, plug it back in, and now I am getting the following error. I tried both 0.91.4 and 0.92.0b1, but both give this error. Is anyone else getting this error?

You need to add " "

stream_source: “rtsp://user:[email protected]/live”

Big Update! Official Wyze firmware support RTSP

Not sure how well this firmware will do compared to the other ones out there. Will try when I get a chance.

I Upgraded my Wyze Cams to the new RTSP firmware, but not really sure what the benefit would be for this? What would be pretty awesome is that I could use my Wyze Cam Motion detection to trigger events in HA.

2 Likes

you can do that already with ifttt and webhooks to HA. i stream my live feeds into HA and add some entity buttons and Motioneye which records to my nas and been messing with their motion detection

Ok, Yes you are 100% correct. What I meant to say is doing that without any reliance on any cloud platform. Living in a third world country really puts into perspective how little I want to be reliant on an working internet connection. Want to contain as much as I can in HA.

2 Likes

some people are working on it

3 Likes

As Wyze has now introduced Wyze Sense as well as Wyze Bulb it would be good to have Wyze integration for all Wyze devices in HASS :slight_smile:

14 Likes