X-Sense Security - is it possible to create an integration?

Dito @alexlaxon
I saw a super cheap wifi smoke sensor right after my dumb smoke sensor woke me up in middle of the night for the 3rd time :smiley:
It is a bit of shame that it is not a local API and it relies on the cloud but I get that reverse engineering the packets is a huge task.
I am happy that if companies do not support community picks it up.
Do share if any updates and help if you need for testing.

same for me, after updating.

Hi all,

I’ve checked the issues and found the problem.

My code reused the mqtt component client code, because it was very similar to what I needed.
However, in the last update the component has been updated and I failed to check if the xsense-code was compatible with the latest version of home assistant.

I’ll update the code when I have time.

Besides that, the dependency paho-mqtt should have been included in the manifest.

1 Like

Hi,
Just a finding : It updates to HA WHEN the app is open on my smartphone.
Regards,
Ulric

That is known, always you Open the App, HA will also update. Bit that is not what we wont, wie wont a update via HA without Open the xsense app

1 Like

i have the same setup as @Marfel, the basestation SBS10 and six smoke detectors XS03-iWX. After following the installation guide i get this error:
xsense-error

What can i do or how can i support to make it work ?

Thanks!

Hello,

The following entities are no longer displayed:

when I want to activate it it says, Status cannot be changed - Deactivated by configuration entry.

Thanks

Hello everyone and thanks for all the job with this project.
I just received my x-sense stuff today and im trying to run the code located at GitHub - theosnel/python-xsense: a Python XSense module
however i cannot understand what username and password i have to use neither i was able to find anything in the documentation. Any help is really appreciated.

Here is described how to proceed when using it as an home assistant integration.
ha-xsense-component

2 Likes

I am interested to try that, in all honesty. I got the flashing itch after I learned how to do it with Tonie Box’s. I noticed on my router tonight (got today SBS50 base and mailbox sensor) the box had an expressif mac address.

Hello. All was working great. I went to check on them this week after there was an upgrade and the installation is now broken. worked like a charm for my dual CO2/Smoke sensors. Now, it’s bricked. Here’s the error:

Failed setup, will retry: XSense API Issue: Unable to retrieve station data: 404/{“message”:“No shadow exists with name: ‘SC07-WXUL4317B6~info_UL4317B6’”,“traceId”:“20379870-5199-9cdc-1dac-b568d05a881c”}

Thanks to everyone in this treat and especially to Theo for creating the X-sense HA app. I have not tried it yet but plan to do so. Most of the technical language here goes way beyond my understanding. I am glad I just recently programmed my laptop to be a HA server and managed to add my tablets as a screen.

Thanks everyone.

Erin

1 Like

If you Need help, i have some Videos on my Channel for helping you.

1 Like

Hi there,
I just got my new smoke, heat, carbon monoxide and combo smoke / carbon monoxide detectors. All devices are connected to the SBS50 base.
Heat detector: XH02-M (fully supported)
Carbon monoxide detector: XC01-M (fully supported)
Smoke detectors: XS0B-MR (not on compatibility list yet, but seem to be be fully supported)
Combo smoke / carbon monoxide detectors: XP0A-MR (not on compatibility list yet, partly supported. The carbon monoxide reading is missing)

@theosnel If you want access to the XS0B-MR or XP0A-MR let me know and I will share them with you

1 Like

Hi@All
HA 2024.7.4 and your last Integration, SBS550 1.5
Installing ok, Conecting with a 2nd User ok, but no device are shown.
What can i do?

Have you shared the devices?
If you started the integration before you shared the devices you will need to restart, otherwise, you won’t see the newly shared devices.

thanks for your reply, just now i found the solution. It was my mistake.
I forgot to logon the 2nd User with the X-Sense App first.
Afterwards i refresh the integration and all devices are shown.

Sorry, one more question.
Are all entities are only read only ?

Yes, currently you can not trigger tests or mute the alarm.

Sehr vielen dank. Thank you very much. I have installed the X-sense (and HACS) by watching and following both your educational videos. It has been a little while, so I was a little rusty on my German. I lived in Bayern from 01-92 till 12-95.