Xbee + arduino custom devices

Sharing this in case it helps anyone else. Some of these projects I have shared in the past, but recently there were some changes to ZHA that caused my custom devices to stop working and as part of that cleanup I standardized the Zigbee logic between devices.

If you are starting from scratch, the esp32-H2 or esp32-C6 are going to be easier to work with, but if like me you have a bunch of Arduinos and various xbees, this works very well.

So far, I have implemented the following devices.

Quad Garage Door Controller:

Legacy Doorbell Monitor:

Tank Style Water Heater Controller (On/Off only, no temp control):

Safe Condition Monitoring and Light Controller:

These projects all rely on prairiesnpr/zha_arduino (github.com) for the ZHA logic.

As always, if you use it or improve on it, please share.

Adding another project.

Mayer’s Best Pet Feeder Converted to Zigbee

Didn’t feel that it was worth etching something for such a simple circuit, the Teensy 3.2 is way overkill for this, but the dual hardware serial ports were very handy.

ZHA doesn’t create entities for multistate inputs or analog inputs yet, but the clusters work and it’s on the road map.

He spent a ton of time coming over and checking out the project, apparently was worried that it might never work again. Good news, the customer is satisfied. Plus, the circuit fits inside the feeder, so you can’t tell it was modified, making certain others in the household satisfied.