XCP-ng Guest Tools Not working

I recently pulled down the HAOS vmdk and then configured it in XCP-ng which worked great and I have HA up and running. XCP-ng guest tools do not seem to be running and the tools are not reporting the IP and management information to XCP-ng.

When I am in the console I only see HA > and am not able to running commands on the base OS to try and troubleshoot why the guest tools aren’t working.

Would love some help troubleshooting.
Thanks

Any thoughts on how to fix this or will I just need to build my own OS vm and install HA manually?

Did you solve this problem? I’m struggling to figure it out too.

I installed HAOS by dragging the HAOS .ova disk image to the import VM section of Xen Orchestra. Everything is working, but now want to get the guest tools installed.

Has anyone gotten this to work? My OVA is set to boot via UEFI and according to other forum posts, the Xen tools are installed by default, but they don’t show up or work for my HAOS VM.

if you are on the HAOS console you can drop into a shell from within the ha command line tool using the “login” command.

I was able to mount the guest utils iso but I dont know which distribution HAOS is derived from. I know that it is based on buildroot, but I don’t know which distribution type to choose for the install.sh script.

has anyone solved this yet?