Xfinity/Comcast Internet Usage Addon

I created an HA Addon to gather Xfinity Internet Usage and push that data into a sensor. Please try it out and report any issues.
https://github.com/thor0215/hassio-xfinity-usage

1 Like

What timing! Was just looking for exactly this. Just installed it and it’s working great, thanks!

Thank you for this. I was previously using a different addon based on zachowj’s original repo, it was extremely unreliable, sometimes going weeks without updating the sensor value.

That said, this is not currently working for me. I think the issue is on Xfinity’s side, since I am having issues manually logging in there too, and historically their site has been hot garbage (at best). I did notice that your addon doesn’t seem to handle this situation well. I opened an issue with more details

Hopefully comcast gets their shit together soon so I can play this is more, as it looks super promising. Thanks!

I’ve been using zachowj/xfinity-data-usage docker container for a couple of years with fairly reasonable reliability, but whatever comcast has done to their site past few months have pretty much broken it and I maybe get a successful scrape once a month.

As I’m looking for other options to get my Xfinity usage, I came across this and would like to try it out. Any chance we could get MQTT for this Addon? I run Home Assistant via a docker container and even though I could install this add on as a container on its own, I’m not sure how I would interface the container to get the sensor data other than through MQTT.