Xiaomi aqara cube - missing multi-state

Using a Conbee2 I added a cube to the system without problems.
It creates two sensors; analog_input and multistate_input, the latter remaining at status ‘unknown’.
Checking the zha_events received I do see all flips, turns, angles and upward face.

The analog_input seems to react to rotating and nothing else. I would expect the multistate sensor to give me the flips and slides.
Anyone knows or having the same behaviour?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Were you able to get this resolved?

I am on 0.109.6 with the NorTek GoControl USB stick.

No, not yet.
Flipping and turningof the cube works reliable though.

As I have also problems with an Aqara vibration sensor I might switch to zigbee2mqtt.
But as I’m expecting some door-window sensors I’m just awaiting these first.

Where did you see the zha_events? I am getting nothing except from the analog input when I twist the cube. I would really like to be able to see the other events so I can program to them. I am using the Nortek GoControl and 110.3

If you go to Developer Tools = Events
at the bottom you can add events to listen to; zha_event and click start listening
all zha_events should be visible,

Event 0 fired 10:33 PM:
{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "device_ieee": "00:15:8d:00:04:21:46:9b",
        "unique_id": "00:15:8d:00:04:21:46:9b:2:0x0012",
        "endpoint_id": 2,
        "cluster_id": 18,
        "command": "flip",
        "args": {
            "value": 105,
            "flip_degrees": 90,
            "activated_face": 2
        }
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2020-05-28T20:33:27.547596+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "d925cc7b7b324a3cae32678a6ee94805",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

which is a cube flip on my setup

2 Likes

I’m having every issue mentioned in this thread. I thought my cube was just broken and was about to process a return until finding this thread. And I can’t get the vibration sensor to process more than one event a minute and it’s always vibration unless I drop it. I’m using ZHA, someone in Discord said it all works for them on zigbee2mqtt, they get multiple events a minute with the vibration sensor.

edit: I am able to see the events for the cube in the events log though, I completely forgot to check the cube for those, but I have been trying to get more than one event a minute in the event logs for the past few hours with no luck.

cube events are almost instantaneous for me; flip, rotate which I use to switch on/off and dim-down/up lights.

After using it a ton more, I’m getting 1 event every 20 seconds now. I can’t get them any faster than that. I don’t know what changed, as it was on the spot 1 minute before, to the second, but now it’s every 20 seconds. no clue…

Did you ever figure this one out? I am getting rotation events, but the flip and side information doesn’t flow through. I can see all of the flip events in the event viewer. Is there maybe a way to create a custom sensor from those events?

You could look at the EventSensor integration.
But maybe better to delete the device from ZHA and try once more before doing that.
Try moving, turning and flipping the cube when pairing so it can see all the events.