Xiaomi aqara leak sensor

I’ve read here (and other places) that many of you have had great success pairing the xiaomi aqara leak sensors with the HUSBZB-1 stick with the use of the Xiaomi hub. I recently purchased one of these to test out. It pairs immediately but goes unavailable within a hour or two of the successful pair. I even tried sitting it right next to the zigbee stick and got the same results. Anyone have an better advice to keep these from dropping off the network?

Aqara sensors are quite finicky in a way that depending on the repeaters it will work or not. For eg if you have smartthings plug they are not good repeaters for aqara sensors.
Check the below link to find more details.
Check the linkage if its directly connecting to coordinator or going via another repeater.

1 Like

I also have the HUSBZB-1 stick and a Aqara leak sensor. I also added a Sonoff zigbee S31 smart plug to act as a repeater as my stick is not close to all the devices. While I have only checked randomly, the Aqara leak sensor seems to have stayed visible through the Sonoff smart plug. I did however notice the leak sensor going offline early on and decided to test it and get it wet while it was offline. That did wake it up and it reported into HA.

Thanks all…I ended up adding a CC2531 adapter and joining the Xiaomi Aqara’s through Zigbee2MQTT and they have been rock solid. (Fingers Crossed)

Hey, I’m running into the same issues with the Aqura sensors disconnecting from the HUSBZB-1 stick.

You said things were rock solid lately. Is that still the case?