Xiaomi Aqara Temperature / Humidity Sensor

Hi Guys,

I am new to Home Assistant and need some help. I successfully setup Home Assistant on Raspbian via python venv.

Now is there any way I can read the data and connect my Xiaomi Aqara Humidity Sensor with my Home Assistant? I currently do not own any other xiaomi products (gateway) and I also dont have a zigbee2mqtt dongle.

I just bought the sensor online because it was cheap and i thought i could directly get the values from it without any other devices (only raspberry Pi)

Can someone help with my confusion or clarify what is necessary?

Best Regards!

I don’t think so. You’ll need a gateway or some other hardware to communicate with the zigbee component…

Correct. You need the gateway or some zigbee2mqtt device. There are more of these. Some DIY, other ready 2 go.

I posted this 4 days ago. Maybe it can help

I documented the process to make life easier for others: https://techmarc.com.au/how-to-setup-a-xiami-mijia-temperature-sensor-in-home-assistant/

Depends on the sensor you are using. If you use the small one (round or square shaped), than you need a Zigbee Dongle (I recommend Conbee2.stick with deconz).

@marc315: only worrking if the sensor supports bluetooth. The above mentioned do not support bluetooth.

@LogisticaLux, sorry I didn’t realise that the sensor above didn’t have bluetooth.