Xiaomi Bedside Lamp

I am having the same issue with Bedside Lamp 2 and Desk Light, no LAN control option, no color change option in Google Home app, and they wont show in Home Assistant. It was the latest firmware update. Did you find a way to downgrade?

1 Like

No I didn’t.

Real PITA as it’s a nice lamp and I loved the functionality to change the colour via voice. I set it to blue via the app and somehow it defaults back to the warm yellow light. Not sure if it’s when I ask Google to turn the light on or not. So then I have to go get my phone, open the Xiaomi app and change the colour manually.

Cheers

Max

Lan Control is now a separate menu that has on/off options for all devices in a single list.

1 Like

That is partly incorrect.

Your statement implies it’s the only place where LAN control is. All this menu option does is give a summary of the LAN Control for the devices that support it, but it’s not the only place you can access it. You can access LAN control in the device settings for each device.

Let me show you.

Below is the screenshot of the devices in the Yeelight app.

Below is the LAN Control menu that you mention. As you can see, only the 2 bulbs are shown here, not my Mi Lamp.

As I mentioned, this LAN Control menu is NOT the only place to access LAN Control for devices, it’s just where you can access it each device’s LAN Control without having to go to each device’s settings.

To confirm this, below is the settings screen for the wife’s Yeelight bulb which is one of the 2 showing in the LAN control. As you can see, LAN Control is available here too.

Since my Mi Lamp doesn’t allow LAN Control anymore, it’s not in the LAN Control (Summary) menu, nor in the device settings screen as shown below.

So once again, I say that the latest firmware seems to be when LAN Control option was removed for the Mi Lamp.

I believe loss of the LAN Control is why I can now only use Google Home (via voice or the app) to turn on/off the lamp and change the brightness. I cannot change the colour.

If I want to change the colour I have to use either the Yeelight app, the Mi Home app or manually use the controls on top of the lamp.

This defeats the reason I bought the lamp. I wanted a lamp I could change colours with and do this via Google Home voice control and I used to be able to do this. This removal of features after you buy a product is very disappointing.

Hello Max,

Adding Xiaomi Miio For Yeelink with some customization and expose the Mi Bedside Lamp to Google Home through HA can provide you the good ol’ functionality of the lamp (so you can change the color with your voice command). I have 3 lamps, 2 CN and 1 EU, all three are working with Google Home.

Any updates on this? When i try to add the Mi Bedside Lamp 1 on HA, via Yeelight integration, i get this error:

On the Yeelight app, no LAN control option can be found,

this is solution problem. modified yeelight file

Thanks. But when i download and try to install, i get invalid file.

hi, I have the same problem with my bedside lamps. I installed the app but they still are not available although I did enabled LAN control. Can you help please?

have you found any solution yet?

No, i still have the same issue.

2 Likes

Any idea for this Integration?

Try this one, worked for my 3 Mi Bedside Lamps with the latest firmware:

2 Likes

APK mirror and download Yeelight v3.2.20 (tested now) and the LAN Control is back in this version.
Just turn on LAN control and you can update Yeelight to the latest.

But yes, fck xiaomi for doing stuff like this. :frowning:

3 Likes

Unfortunately this solution doesn’t work anymore. Yeelight v3.2.20 doesn’t allow authentication anymore.

Did anyone got it working with homekit recently ?