Xiaomi Bedside Lamp

Hi,

This is not a bug or a feature request as many features already work, but the bedside lamp

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_1032313.html

is listed as unknown device

Unknown miio device found: ServiceInfo(type=’_miio._udp.local.’, name=‘yeelink-light-bslamp1_mibt75389300._miio._udp.local.’, address=b’\xc0\xa8\xb2"’, port=54321, weight=0, priority=0, server=‘yeelink-light-bslamp1_mibt75389300.local.’, properties={b’epoch’: b’1’, b’mac’: b’7811dc901a4c’})
09:43 discoverables/yeelight.py (WARNING)

So it supports all the “normal” yeelight features

Hi,

I have the same issue. Every 5min i get a log warning with almost the same identical line:
“Unknown miio device found: ServiceInfo(type=’_miio._udp.local.’, name=‘yeelink-light-bslamp1_mibt75384155._miio._udp.local.’, address=…”

It is auto-discovered as an entity called “light.yeelight_unknown_7811xxxxxxx” and works perfectly, except the warnings are clogging up the log file.

Any suggestions?

Nik

Same problem :frowning:

Any suggestions to resolve this “problem”?

Pedro

it’s fixed in 0.62.0 go try it

Yes it is, thanks :slight_smile:

Would be nice if we can use the bluetooth on this as a presence detection. I’m sure folks would jump on it’s as there is currently not much bluetooth presence detection supported which has huge impact on the server.

I would really love to use bluetooth as presence detection.

I am not really sure, because all these wifi/bluetooth devices (I have 2 bedside lamps and the ceiling light) are quite often unavailable for no reason

I even hesitate to pair my BT temp and humidity sensor with them.

They are really close to the router, so this is definitely not a wifi issue.

I have different problem with this lamp. Every time when i execute automation:

- alias: Wł lampkę w sypialni
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: click
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.wall_switch_158d00012a3462
      click_type: single
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_158d0001dc44c4
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_158d0001dc4519
  condition:
    condition: state
    entity_id: light.yeelight_bedside_7811dc90cd74
    state: 'off'
  action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.yeelight_bedside_7811dc90cd74
    data:
      brightness: 255
      rgb_color:

I've got  error in logs:
Error when calling <function YeelightLight.set_default at 0x6e559ae0>: {'code': -5000, 'message': 'general error'}

Lamp turns on and working fine but error is annoying me.

Hey guys,

My Xiaomi lamp was showing ok a few weeks ago in my front end, and I remember I used the front end on my mobile to change the colour and brightness etc and was quite pleased with it.

I’ve noticed lately that it was showing as “unavailable”. Being new to Hassbian, I assumed it meant that it was because the lamp was turned off but now realise that it means it can’t see it.

I can still operate the lamp via Google Home voice control, eg “Turn off bedside lamp” etc, so unsure why it can’t see it.

It’s showing in the “Current Entities” page as:

light.yeelight_bedside_7811dc9201bd

Filter States is “unavailable”

Attributes are:

friendly_name: yeelight_bedside_7811dc9201bd
supported_features: 41

Any ideas of how I get Hassbian to control the lamp again? I’ve checked the Mi App and there was a firmware for the lamp, so I updated it. I then asked Google Home to sync my devices. The Mi App allows me to control the lamp and as mentioned, I can control it via Google Home via voice.

Thanks

After a firmware upgrade you need to enable Lan-mode again.

I just updated both mine and lan control was still on after the update and they are still working…

Sorry, but what’s this “Lan control”?

Is it something in the Mi Home app or in Hassbian? I’ve looked throughout the Mi Home app and can’t find Lan control.

here is a lan control setting in the Yeelight App. Looks like a ^ with = under it. In that menu is an option called LAN control - make sure it is on. You must have enabled that to be able to control it in the first place.

Thanks. I’ve downloaded the app and enabled Lan control and it now shows as available.

It’s weird that Xiaomi have 2 different apps to control the device. You think they would put all features into one.

Thanks for your help

It’s a total PITA.

The MiHome App only recently had native Google Assistant support. Previously you had to use the Yeelight app to connect it to the Singapore Server and have native GA support whereas the MiHome App would work on China server and wouldn’t work with GA.

I use SIngapore for Yeelights and China for some Xiaomi plugs I have. Could use China for both now I suppose but the thing is, you only get the LAN control option in the Yeelight app. With the Xiaomi Plugs, to use then with HA, you have to get the token etc.

I think I recognise you from Whirlpool, (I am Big Kahuna over there)

So I like the Google Assistant native support so it works even if HA is for some reason unavailable (not an issue anymore)

I bought a Smart Power Plug but it will only complete the set up if I chose China as the setting. Unfortunately, even with English as my language, the interface for the power switch is in Chinese.

So currently I’m not using it. I bought it as the other Smart Power switch I have is the Aeotec one but costs twice as much.

Yep, I on there too.

You’ll never use the app again after you set it up in HA.

Well I recently re did my HA setup from scratch but now I can’t add this lamp as the app no longer has the option to turn on LAN control.

Not sure if it’s related but Google Home no longer sees the lamp has the ability to change colour. All it will allow me to do is change the brightness and turn it on or off. I have to use either the Mi Home app or the Yeelight App to change colours which is a pita when I use to be able to just use voice control.

Well mine does in the individual light and also as a menu option where there is a toggle button to enable/disable for each light. (iOS)

Yep my 2 Yeelight bulbs have the LAN Control option, but not the Yeelight Bedside Lamp.

So my wife’s Bedside lamp is physically just a bulb. My bedside lamp is an actual lamp as shown below

As you can see from the screenshots, the bulbs still have LAN control in the app and Google Home can see that you can change colours, but with my Bedside Lamp, it now longer has LAN control in the Yeelight app (and in the Mi Home app), nor does Google Home think the lamp has the colour changing functionality.

I might have to see if I can find a way to downgrade it’s firmware as I suspect a firmware update removed this

1 Like