Xiaomi Cameras

Anyone got this camera Xiaomi mijia Smart 720P WiFi IP Camera Pan-tilt Version working with Home Assistant?

From what Iā€™ve read these are very different beasts.

They are different cameras.
Already did a bit of research and the hack you mention is not supported by this particular camera.
I was looking to see if someone else got any suitable workaround?

Try the URLs listed at this site.
https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Xiaomi

Chances are that Xiaomi cameras are going to run rtsp, in which case youā€™re going to have to use ffmpeg to get it into HASS.

What do you mean?

Xiaomi make some great, well priced kit but they donā€™t stick to any consistent standard between products. In this case, the hardware inside the cameras is totally different and although there are hacks for several of them they all use a different approach.

Yeah, because are all different manufacturers.

Very strange business model of Xiaomi, but it sells

Exactly, glad you get it, Iā€™ve said the same to other people and they get all strange about it and start talking about them being knock off versions and all sorts.

Easiest way to describe it is that they operate like an own brand department store.

I guess half of Xiaomi workforce are lawyers keeping an eye on all those manufacturers to stop them sell the product with other branding

2 Likes

Hi,

Is the XIAOMI CHUANGMI 720P Smart Camera IR camera also compatible? Has anywone got this one working?

Thanks

Hello

Anybody find solution for that camera ? Xiaomi mijia Smart 720P WiFi IP Camera Pan-tilt VersionVersion

i have same problem, no connect in europe

did you any news about your question?

No, I did not

Is this still not available, canā€™t really seem to find anything regarding this specific camera

Thereā€™s a modified firmware version on the xiaomi fang-hacks github here: https://github.com/samtap/fang-hacks/issues/235

It will enable telnet to the device, but thatā€™s effectively as far as anyone has gotten so far. What is needed is for someone to get the SDK for the platform that these cameras use (appears to be Grain Media chipset) and cross-compile a rtsp server for it.

That said, you presumably have access to /dev/video0 in some way or other, so perhaps there are other ways as well. Iā€™d have a play but sadly enough I donā€™t have any spare microSD cards around to test with, seems everything has one in it these days, but I do intend to get telnet access and have a look around sometime soon.

I donā€™t think itā€™s likely weā€™ll see any specific HASS support for this device ever, at most someone will hack a server of some format (mjpeg, rtsp) into the firmware and youā€™d define a generic camera. If this is the case, some functionality (sending audio, recording & timeline) will be lost.

Does anybody know how to access the following camera? XiaoVV Smart IP Camera

OR how to check the port number via the Mihome app?

Hi XiaoVV are not XIaomi, you need the app v380

Thanks, Iā€™ll try