Xiaomi Cloud Vacuum Map Extractor

Hello,

I was able to see the map for few hours and then I got these errors:

1. [custom_components.xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor.camera] Unable to retrieve map data
2. The websocket command 'camera_thumbnail' has been deprecated

(error 2 - I know this is a known issue)

Any idea?

Thank you and I really appreciate your work

maybe connection issues? i have the polling set to 10 sec, much better

I think I found the issue… “map_camera:” should be my entity name not “camera.xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor”. This way I have a map…

Is there any way to use this integration with Siri? I would like to ask Siri something like: Hey Siri, clean the bedroom! :smiley:

Off course there is

Could you please elaborate? This could be very nice! If I can set the zones and then ask to clean a zone using Siri

I use google assistant, i have just created template switch with a zone service that I expose to google, the same works for apple… You just need to expose your switches, or you can expose also scrips to make it easier

I have fixed it in the latest version

1 Like

Hello! I am trying to set up this component, but the lovelace remains empty. Model of vacuum: Viomi V2 Pro.

Config:

- platform: xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor
  host: 192.168.*.*
  token: ****
  username: ****@gmail.com
  password: ****
  draw: ['all']
  attributes:
    - calibration_points

…and lovelace:

type: 'custom:xiaomi-vacuum-map-card'
entity: vacuum.viomi_v2_pro
map_camera: camera.xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor
camera_calibration: true

Log:

2020-12-29 14:19:12 ERROR (SyncWorker_14) [miio.miioprotocol] Got error when receiving: timed out
2020-12-29 14:19:12 WARNING (SyncWorker_14) [custom_components.xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor.camera] Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device
2020-12-29 14:19:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Updating xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor camera took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05
2020-12-29 14:19:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Updating xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor camera took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05
2020-12-29 14:19:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Updating xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor camera took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05
2020-12-29 14:19:31 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Updating xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor camera took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:05

Any idea? Many thanks.

This model is not supported

Ok, thanks for the quick reply - any plans for future support?

It’s hard to say, right now I don’t plan to do it soon (I am not even sure if it’s fully possible)

Question… (as a completly noob in HA)
I got this working (big thanks to the author), but I feel that the “map” have a bad resolution.
It’s blurry and not as nice as the maps shown here.

What can I make to improve the image (map) quality?
Skärmklipp3

It’s possible that your browser doesn’t support type of extrapolation used in a card (it should work in Chrome). You can add a scale: 2 in configuration of extractor

Thanks!
Scale now set to 2. and the map is a lot better… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Installation of python-secrets took a very long time and have two prerequisite libxml2-dev libxslt-dev.
After that everithing has gone right. Thank for this very good integration

yes, it took a very long time to install python-secrets. And without it Hassio reports an error when adding the “camera” configuration to configuration.yaml
Maybe this should be added to the guide:
(assuming Raspberry Pi with python virtual environment)
install dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev libxslt-dev

then activate the virtual environment and install python-secrets

pip3.8 install python-secrets

(probably would work with pip3 but I had a custom python3.8 built from sources and installed on my Pi and did not want to experiment)

I have the “The websocket command ‘camera_thumbnail’ has been deprecated” error but no map update! Only after a reboot starts updating, then stops again after a while

I got the extractor working on hassio, but is there an way to actually extract the rrmap file so I can read the file with roboMapViewer to get the coordinate.

Yes, there is a way :slight_smile: