Xiaomi Cloud Vacuum Map Extractor

cool, working here, tried basic setup
do you also actually see the vacuum moving when started? :slight_smile:

Yes, you have to add draw section and configure all things you want your card to show (see full config).

i see in attributes the camera is 180 rotated, is that configuable? i want it to display like its in the xiaomi app :slight_smile:

edit; nevermind!! sorry

are you also going to make it possible to acually draw zones so it actually is starting to clean? or will this component “just” a camera viewer? :slight_smile:

This component is just a camera. Some time ago I have created a card that does what you said, but it needs to be adjusted to fully support this camera.

yeah, using that card too :-), works great , would be nice if this card would me merged :slight_smile:

I plan to add support for this camera to map card, but it will take some time :wink:

no hurry, this is already nice ! no root needed!

First of all, many thanks for this great work. I have been waiting for this for a long time!
Since the root procedure for the S6 is quite cumbersome and involves disassembly, I didn’t want to put myself through this for the time being. Especially since there is still warranty on the device.
Therefore this custom component is just right for me :wink:

Unfortunately I am still receiving the following error message. Any idea what this could be? I have checked several times if the token is correct and the credentials are the same as I use with the Xiaomi Smart Home App.

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: custom_components/xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor/xiaomi_cloud_connector.py:65
First occurred: 14:38:45 (416 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:13:20

Update for camera.robi_karte fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 278, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 471, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor/camera.py", line 131, in update
    self._logged = self._connector.login()
  File "/config/custom_components/xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor/xiaomi_cloud_connector.py", line 88, in login
    return self.login_step_1() and self.login_step_2() and self.login_step_3()
  File "/config/custom_components/xiaomi_cloud_map_extractor/xiaomi_cloud_connector.py", line 65, in login_step_2
    self._ssecurity = json_resp["ssecurity"]
KeyError: 'ssecurity'

Are you sure you use correct country?

Works great with my Roborock S6!

Thanks very much for the job!

Just one question, this has nothing to do with your developpment, but with Gen1, you can see that the plan is not perfectly “right angle” like the real plan. Any recommendations about having a more cleaner plan? Except asking Xiaomi…
xiaomi1 xiaomi2

1 Like

I plan to add possibility to replace a background with an image, but the problem is that vacuum path will be twisted anyway :confused:

relax, what you did is just perfect to me! thanks again, but my question was out of topic: From Gen 1 to latest gen of robot, is the representation of the plan real more precise? Just to have an idea.

Damn it. Despite multiple checks of the access data I must have misspelled my username.
Now everything works perfectly with my S6. :slight_smile:

Now I just have to try a little bit around to optimize the scaling.
Thanks again for everything!

1 Like

trim will help :wink: You can also customize colors for each room, background, walls, paths… :smiley:

clear to me yet that S6 provides a better accurate plan than my poor Gen 1 :wink:

From my observations newer models usually respect horizontal and vertical lines :wink: also thay do not reset/rotate map.

THX, I’m already playing around with it.
It’s getting better and better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this integration @3_14! Great work. :+1:

For those who are maybe having problems with their login credentials:
You can also use the User ID (shown in Xiaomi Home App - Mi Account under your name) instead of username or mail (I am using “Sign in with Apple” and my Apple mail address didn’t work).

1 Like