Xiaomi gateway integration - help needed

Do you know the ip of your gateway? Just extend the configuration:

xiaomi_aqara:
  gateways:
   - host: 192.168.x.x
     mac: 286c078882xx
     key: xhebx....

oh, thanks, that’s a new idea, i didn’t read about and try before! i’ll give it a try in the evening and let you know.

great, thanks! that was the thing i was looking for for a couple of days :slight_smile:

it now shows the gateway on the start page, i see the status and can click to see the brightness level and the color, but i can’t change any of these. do you have a hint regarding this?

my log file says:

2017-10-04 20:48:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_aqara] Static address (10.0.0.2:9898) of the gateway provided. Discovery of this host will be skipped.
2017-10-04 20:49:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-10-04 20:49:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of weather is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-10-04 20:49:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of tts is taking over 10 seconds.
2017-10-04 20:49:35 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [netdisco.ssdp] Error fetching description at 10.0.0.11
2017-10-04 20:49:41 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [netdisco.ssdp] Error fetching description at http://192.168.1.250:49152/description.xml
2017-10-04 20:49:50 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [PyXiaomiGateway] Got error element in data {"error":"Invalid key"}
2017-10-04 20:49:56 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [PyXiaomiGateway] Got error element in data {"error":"Invalid key"}
2017-10-04 20:50:04 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [PyXiaomiGateway] Got error element in data {"error":"Invalid key"}

i’m running HA on an raspberry pi3, 10.0.0.11 is my notebook from which i configure pi.

Did you guys manage to find the issue, I have the same errors.
The gateway is basically just acting as a bridge, I can’t interact play ringtones, switch on gateway light etc.

2017-10-12 21:38:38 ERROR (Thread-2) [PyXiaomiGateway] Got error element in data {“error”:“Invalid key”}

unfortunately not. i think this thread might more interesting to you:

Does your router definitely support multicast?
If not then I understand that the GW will not work.
Not sure if you’d even get as far as you have with out multicast, but worth mentioning…

@syssi - who maintains the component docs for xiaomi_aqara?
It might be worth updating to include mention of the multicast requirement - I dont see it there.

Everybody is encouraged to update/change the docs. There is no maintainer in particular.

PR submitted :wink:

1 Like

Merged.
Now you are just 3 pr from getting a free T-shirt :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got it working on Openhab 2, i suspect my router is multicast enabled. Does anyone else have this issue that may have a multicast enabled router?

Hi,

I dunno if some router can enable/disable multicast. But i’m sure that there are someones, that block multicast, and then the gateway can’t be discovered.

In my case i have a livebox, that this one blocked me the multicast and i needed to chage it by other one.

Thanks for the reply Garvarma, will move my secondary gateway to a different router and test and provide feedback.

I enabled my multicast and am still having the same issue as well as spotty performance from the button.

Spotty performance could indicate a range/signal strength issue.

The presses register in the Mi Home app, but are not always making it to HA.

Got a multicast enabled router and got problems (startet other, already referenced Thread) with error message “{“error”:“Invalid key”}”

A fresh install and switching to a wired connection seems to have fixed my problems.

I tried the wired connection, I’ve also moved from virtualbox vm to pi3 with fresh installation. I’m still facing the same issue, “{“error”:“Invalid key”}” :frowning: