Xiaomi Gateway Integration

I see that protocol version updated. Now it’s 1.0.7. I think they’ve changed something in status report message for sensors.My magnet sensor which was not opened for one month now reports status unknown. Maybe ghost issues was solved on FW level.

that would be great

According to the developer of the firmware, this update should include a fix for that!

I imagined that, but I don’t have the motion sensor, but if I enable the automation without the sensor it just won’t work

Where did you get this info? Any link?
It seems is true. My magnet sensor reports close in heart_beats. And I don’t touch it for month or maybe more.

With the Aqara wireless wall switch (dual paddle) you can press both buttons at once. When i do that i see the following in the HASS logs

17-05-10 20:08:58 DEBUG (Thread-5) [custom_components.xiaomi] PUSH >> <Entity Wall Switch (Left)_158d000183f688: off>: {'dual_channel': 'both_click'}
17-05-10 20:08:58 DEBUG (Thread-5) [custom_components.xiaomi] PUSH >> <Entity Wall Switch (Right)_158d000183f688: off>: {'dual_channel': 'both_click'}

However when i try to hook into this event in HASS i have had no joy. See my attempt below

trigger:
    platform: event
event_type: both_click
 event_data:
     entity_id: binary_sensor.wall_switch_left_158d000183f56e

I think support will need to be added at the component level to get this to work as it comes in on the dual_channel & not channel_0 or channel_1 like regular click do.

Nice to hear that it is working better! He told me that in an email. Xiaomi support redirected me to him when I reported the issue.

Yes, it forces you to select a motion sensor

Do you know whether it also resolves the issue where a closed sensor is reported open after power cut?

I don’t know that. He just said that he fixes ghost issues lol

You’re right. There is no support for dual channel / both click events in the homeassistant component so far.

Just sharing information, I have updated my gateway to 1.4.1_146.0141 and it’s still working fine with home-assistant.

1 Like

Thanks man, was just about to ask that!

Hey just a question before I dive in. Has anyone gotten the integration of Xiaomi Smart Home suite (Aqara switches, door sensors etc), Yeelights and Amazon Echo dialed in successfully with HA?

Reason why i’m asking is I noticed to enable Alexa skills for the Yeelight, one needs the set the yeelight locality to international servers (Singapore is the most commonly suggested). This guide requires the Xiaomi Smart home gateway to be under China Mainland locality and from what I gather you can’t have 2 different servers for proper integration?

I’d like to be able to control my Yeelights (ceiling, bulbs etc) as well as some dumb lights/fans (via aqara switches) via the Echo, while maintaining some automation (xiaomi sensors etc), through HA. Any advice?

emulated_hue

?

I think Echo has a direct integration with Yeelights now via the app (correct me if i’m wrong)? I know the regular RGB and white Yeelights work via emulated_hue, not so sure about the ceiling one (https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/luna).

yes, but I use the emulated_hue also for those (I do not own the ceiling one)

Excuse my question but I have checked current supported devices on https://github.com/lazcad/homeassistant and there’s no word about the Yeelight or Yeelight RGB… does it means it’s not supported? and if not… is something coming up or it’s not possible to do for now? thanks a lot!

Okay never mind, I’m replying myself. It seems to be separated from the Gateway but possible to control using HA https://home-assistant.io/components/light.yeelight/

Right. Yeelights aren’t zigbee devices. They are WiFi clients.