Xiaomi Gateway Key v3

Hello,

i’m trying to get the key out of my xiaomi gateway v3
by downloading the latest Mi Home app(5.6.56) i’m able to pair the device but when going to the hub setting

there’s no “About” option and there’s a firmware update
current is 1.4.4_0003
latest is 1.4.5_0016

some say i need to install Mi Home app version 5.0.19 but when i do then login to my account the gateway doesn’t show up and after resetting the gateway still doesn’t show when pairing
so i tried the next version 5.1.1 and paired fine but when clicking the gateway nothing happens it just flash so i’m not able to enter and click the 3 dot where the setting option is

help me please :frowning:

Yup. I have the same problem. Followed these instructions https://github.com/Maxmudjon/com.xiaomi-miio/blob/ed0428f96ab3fdaa26fffacd864681c9496aa267/docs/obtain_token.md . But they App version if too old for the new gateway V3. I’m not getting anywhere. Even the https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/vacuum.xiaomi_miio/#retrieving-the-access-token instructions seems outdated as I tried and not able to get them connected.

i connect it to my home assistant via HomeKit Controller and it work solid :+1:

I am trying to get the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Multi-Mode Gateway (ZNDMWG03LM) to work with the homekit integration, but it never gets discovered by HA. When I try to add Homekit controller manually, the pairing fails with the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/config_flow.py", line 234, in async_step_pair
    pairing = await self.finish_pairing(code)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohomekit/controller/ip/discovery.py", line 95, in finish_pairing
    request, expected = state_machine.send(response)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohomekit/protocol/__init__.py", line 213, in perform_pair_setup_part2
    ios_device_ltsk = ed25519.Ed25519PrivateKey.generate()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/ed25519.py", line 52, in generate
    _Reasons.UNSUPPORTED_PUBLIC_KEY_ALGORITHM
cryptography.exceptions.UnsupportedAlgorithm: ed25519 is not supported by this version of OpenSSL.

did you install mi home app on your phone and connect to the gateway first?

Yes, already did. I am trying to reinstall my raspberry OS now, since I am still on stretch and suspect this may have to do with an old OpenSSL version.

For other users with the same problem, this issue seem to be related to the OpenSSL version under Raspbian Stretch. After I upgraded to Buster, everything is working ok.

1 Like

Hi, not sure how you solved the issue of not getting “About” option on your Mi Home app, ot be able to get Gateway v3 key, Did you manage to do it?

no need for keys, just flip the device and get the homekit QR code and type it in home assistant homekit integration

1 Like

thank you all for your tips…i successfully connected the gateway but i do not know how ot get the devices connected to the gateway…xiaomi clock and temperature/humidity…any other suggestion?

Hi @ABnSultan,
Can you please share any instructions how to see sensors from the gateway in haas? For now I only managed to add a gateway on my home assistant. In mi home app i have for now four temperature and humidity sensors. More sensors will be added as soon as they are delivered.
Thank you in advance,
Goran