Xiaomi Gateway setup HA 0.112

Hi all,

with 0.113 it will work again. All sensors are discovered (motion, door, temperature).

First save the “KEY” from the configuration.yaml.
Than delete the xiaomi_aquara part in the configuration.yaml.
Restart HA
Go to integrations and the Xiaomi gateway will be discovered. (if it is in the same network)
In one of them you have to put the KEY from the configuration.yaml
In the other one you have to put the “token” (32 character) from “Hub Infos” in the Xiaomi app.
Restart HA

It looks like that: (i use 2 gateways)

Everything works again.

Greetings
Florian

Still couldn’t connect GW located in the other network
Integration just falling with error when trying to point the IP address of GW in the interface field of the integration:
Unknown error occurred

I have the same problem and the solution does not work for me.
i got a popup: device already configured.

i try it stil only the gateway connect not the aqara

That has been my problem since I got the gateway. I might need to flash as indicates above :thinking:

i have already open the ports.
does anyone have a solution for it ?

I had to delete my registration from the configuration.
I opened the /.storage/core.device_registry
Deleted my xiaomi gateway there (because the gui gave me the error: device already configured)
after that my gateway was available included my 8 subdevices.

Hello,

Me too I finally succeeded, I deleted the lines in /config/.storage/core.config_entries

{
                "connection_class": "local_poll",
                "data": {
                    "host": "192.168.xx.xx"
                },
                "domain": "xiaomi_miio",
                "entry_id": "b2217dc6e89c4b1489e6d3e4e6c40210",
                "options": {},
                "source": "ignore",
                "system_options": {
                    "disable_new_entities": false
                },
                "title": "Ignored",
                "unique_id": "78:11:xx:xx:xx:xx",
                "version": 1
            },
            {
                "connection_class": "local_push",
                "data": {
                    "host": "192.168.xx.xx"
                },
                "domain": "xiaomi_aqara",
                "entry_id": "a8680847122b454e8e810a8071dc5ceb",
                "options": {},
                "source": "ignore",
                "system_options": {
                    "disable_new_entities": false
                },
                "title": "Ignored",
                "unique_id": "78:11:xx:xx:xx:xx",
                "version": 1
            },

hi
i tryed both of them, and still getting the zeroconf message.

i had to go back to 0.111, 112 and 113 still not working, i even tried a clean install and nothing

HI all;
I saw this thread after having similar problems, but reading through the suggestions have gotten it working fine. I’m on 113.2

Observations: you must initially configue the Xiaomi Miio devices via Integrations. Use the API TOKEN not the key previously used in the confg yml file. I have three v2 hubs and all accepted the 32bit token no problems - remember it will be different for each Gateway device. I am also on the latest andriod MI Home app, and that seems to easily allow you to enable the wireless network protocol as per the documentation and obtain necessay tokens for each gateway hub. So ignore suggestions of getting older versions. XAIOMI seem to be coming to the party on this one.

Secondly make sure you delete tll the ‘not found’ devices that appear on the dashbaord, and are left over from earlier configuration in the YAML file. Some of the devices were not auto-discovered until I had deleted these leftovers. Yes, You’ll need to configure them again, but it is now so much easier using the latest GUI - well done guys.

I hope this helps someone out there!

hi i already tryied it and remark all of the old one at the YAMl , reboot and got the same problem.
the ha discover 2 integration :
1 -the xiaomi gw , with 32 api token , and it succeded to configure only the temp sensonr.
2- the aqara gateway which gives me this error , without getting to the api stage.

1 Like

Same problem here. I’m trying to setup the Xiaomi Gateway v2, only temp sensors are discovered.
I’ve updated to 0.113.3 but no luck. I will keep trying but anyway, I’ve already ordered a zigbee dongle.

Yeah I am moving my xiaomi sensors to zigbee2mqtt.

The only use for the gateway is to make it bark like dog, which drives the real dogs crazy.

1 Like

So more details from me. The first step was to configure each of my three v2 gateways with the Xiaomi Miio component under integration. All three gateways were listed, and each accepted the API token. After that there was just one instance that listed all three gateways hubs, and all temperature sensors attached to those hubs were found, but as noted by others above, NOT switches and other components. Then I went to the three Xiaomi Aqara Gateway components, clicked configure, and submitted with ANY as the network interface.

For my first 2 hubs, it successfully found them and prompted for the key. After entering the key, the other devices were then found. My only outstanding issue is that that last step - searching for the network interface did NOT work for the 3rd hub. I checked to make sure it had a permanent IP address (it has) but still no luck. The only thing that is different about this hub, is that is connected to a Unifi AP that has a wireless uplink to another AP. All the others are connected to an AP that has a wired connection to the router.

So I have 2 hubs connected and all devices disovered and configured, and a 3rd hub only partially discovered, and the temperature sensors for that hub found, but the Gateway setup isn’t working. I guess that’s about 85% there. Any other suggestions to get that third gateway/hub discovered?

Is the third device on the same subnet as HA and the other gateways?

Yep, the only difference is that the uplink from the AP its connected too is wireless, not wired.

hi any prefered zigbee device ?

Hi there,

I’m trying to setup my Xiaomi Gateway with the Xiaomi Gateway (Aqara) Integration and having the exact same issues.
Any news regarding the issue?
Is there anything else to try?

What exactly do you mean, cause i dont see any “configure” to my miio gateway