Xiaomi Gateways not loading after update to 0.111.4

Hey guys,

I have two gateways that were working perfectly for some time now.
I updated to 0.111.4 a couple of days ago, and i’m under the impression that they initially worked for a couple of days.

Now they (and their attached sensors) just dont show up anywhere.
Everything looks normal in the app.

I dont have anything relative to xiaomi in my logs so i dont know where to start looking.

Any ideas or similar experience?
Thanks in advance!

Here are the Logs, in case i missed something:

2020-06-29 11:45:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for variable which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-29 11:45:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-29 11:45:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for unified_remote which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-29 11:45:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for sonoff which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-06-29 11:45:20 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id=248 from 2020-06-29 08:26:57)
2020-06-29 11:45:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] SwitchDevice is deprecated, modify SonoffSwitch to extend SwitchEntity
2020-06-29 11:45:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] SwitchDevice is deprecated, modify SonoffDebugSwitch to extend SwitchEntity
2020-06-29 11:45:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] BinarySensorDevice is deprecated, modify SonoffSensorRF to extend BinarySensorEntity
2020-06-29 11:45:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Light is deprecated, modify SonoffLight to extend LightEntity
2020-06-29 11:49:05 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Unclosed client session
2020-06-29 11:49:05 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Unclosed client session

There are quite a few hits for xiaomi in the 0.111 release notes topic.

I’d start looking there.

https://community.home-assistant.io/search?q=xiaomi%20topic%3A203753

It seems like it’s a 0.110 issue, seeing people having problems since then.
I had some network issues so could not update, so i skipped a couple of releases.

• I tried to add host: information as suggested here with no luck
  • I tried adding the gateways as miio devices, through the UI. They were added successfully but without sensors and disappeared after restart.

Any other ideas anyone?

How about trying https://rc.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/06/24/release-112/ XIaomi gateway via integration UI?

I have 2 xiaomi gateways, I noticed after the update to 0.111.x that they were appearing as newly discovered devices, but I opted to ignore them and keep my existing yaml config. I’ve had at least one or two reboots since then, everything appears to be fine for me.

This looks interesting. Do we have any information when this will be released? Or do I need to join the beta program through my UI?

I am under the impression that the gateways did work for a couple of days after my upgrade to 111.4.
Unfortunately I don’t see any similar options as you, nor does the yaml configuration work.

0.112 is scheduled to be released tomorrow. Here in europe normally in the late evening.

I’ve not had an problems with my two gateways - i still use the configuration.yaml way.

my config:

xiaomi_aqara:
  discovery_retry: 10
  gateways:
    - key: KEYKEYKEY
      host: 192.168.1.72
      mac: MACMACMAC
    - key: KEYKEYKEY
      host: 192.168.1.83
      mac: MACMACMAC

I had a look at the RC blog entry; does this mean I need to delete the YAML and use the new integration to add the two hubs, or should it be migrated across automatically when updating? I don’t want to risk losing the copious amounts of entity renaming that was required for these sensors (I’m looking at you, sensor.illumination_7811dcb1fbc9)

It should migrate automatically.

1 Like

WARNING!!

I’ve seen postings on Reddit that the self integration in 0.112.0 renames EVERYTHING

ive not tried it, and not seen any details elsewhere (working) - but be warned!

1 Like

I couldn’t solve it, so i went for a fresh install.

Everything’s fine now, working as documented with yaml configuration on 0.111.4

Thanks for everyone’s input and for this very helpful information:

I guess i’ll stay with yaml configuration.

may not be possible in 0.112

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/hjoy16/warning_if_you_use_the_aqara_gateway_backup_your/

as I said, I’ve not tried it yet.