Xiaomi Human / Body / Motion Sensor - Timeout

ok, too bad i cant rollback in hassos, to indeed confirm it as an issue with .74 :frowning:

I have not updated Deconz on my own setup fortunately. But since it might be a bug and I don’t know how to roll back, I haven’t updated mine yet. So I cannot confirm if it’s due to the update.

I’ve tried the solution posted by marcelod (the automation service one) and after deleting and adding the sensor it works as expected, but after some time suddenly I experienced the problem about the sensor trigger after 5 seconds but is not capable of detecting new motion for about 60sec later.

The strange part is if i delete the sensor, re-pair it in the deconz addon and run the automation again it will work for sometime.

I use conbee II as a gateway and using the 5.3 version of the Deconz addon.

Any Ideas or suggestions of what to do?

1 Like

Did you do the hardware mod? Because without mod it won’t work as already mentioned before.
I have done one sensor soldering and 2 sensors modded with electric paint. Electric paint is really easy to use cheap and works like a charm.

2 Likes

My bad here, you are totally right without the mod the solution works for some hours and then it gets back to the 1 minute refresh time between states.
I end up doing the hardware mod soldering (didn’t know about that electric paint, which looks more easy to use) + the automation by marcelod and now everything works as expected.

2 Likes

I used this method and everything seemed to be working fine. The sensor is reset after 5 seconds and is ready for operation again. But after motion detection and reset after 5 seconds, there are repeated false motion detection after 30 seconds and after 100 seconds . I replaced the python script by rest_command but the result was repeated. I think the sensor sends out three motion detection signals within 2 minutes of motion detection. Maybe I have a defective sensor?
I run hassio 0.105.5 on rpi3b+ with HUSBZB-1 and zha integrations

I don’t see any strange behaviour on any of my sensors, no false motions detected so far.
Probably a defective sensor.

I used this automation before without the mod and had issues of it not sensing motion after 5s. I did the mod now and applied this automation. These together seem to work! I did the mod today, but noticed the lux levels refreshed every 5s, but the motion state not. I saw your comment and applied this automation as well and now it seems to work. After 5s the motion stops and I can trigger it straight away :slight_smile:

Gonna keep testing to make sure it actually works properly.

1 Like

There is no software mod possible, it’s the hardware that’s needs to register

I have as well the Xiaomi sensors mod and the sensors have been working great but now I’m as well experiencing that the sensor cleans it’s state after 5 minutes instead of the specified 15 seconds that I have configured for deCONZ. It’s strange to me that this happens every 1 week and only for some sensors which seem to be affected randomly. Do you have any additional information about how to resolve this apart from re-pairing the device to the network?

Hi,
Any solution to connect this with the Xiaomi gateway? I did the hardware mod but seems that it’s not enough.

So just to be clear. The hardware mod AND the software mod are required to get this working?
I tried the software mod which resets the state to not detected after x seconds. But there is no new motion triggered for ±1.5 minutes.

pencil modded 2:
1 is working fine
1 other was continuously triggering.
:frowning:
Does anybody know of an economic zigbee movement snesor with shorter then 2 minutes reset time?

Hey @Sen, I am using ConBee 2 and I also looked for a solution to get the modification persistent. Using only the software mod (see post from @marcelod) worked for a moment. I thought that’s the final solution. BUT after a while I had the same phenomenon as described by @pergola.fabio. So the software mod was NOT persistent!

Finally I (1) did the hardware mod - see video (with a little bit of skill in handling the soldering iron not difficult) and (2) trigger the software mod at startup of HA.

Now it consistently works for me.

PS: I did it for four sensors in a row and all of them perfectly worked.

I had similar problems, I found out that the hardware pin connected to the plus side of the battery, wasn’t touching te battery most of the times. So the sensor was basically dead… Now i’ve bended the pin a little to the inside of the sensor and its touching the plus side of the battery really well. And now the sensor works like a charm!

@ZJAVA configuration.yaml or devices.yaml?

@syssi Since configuration for xiaomi gateway moved to integrations, how to enable this again?
I do have HW mod ofcourse, and it was working until now.

i’m in your same boat, last time home assistant changed something i was able to fix that in the python files but now i don’t have a clue on how to fix

Xiaomi Aqara Custom component is no longer working in last ha version.

The automation with the python script still works ! The Set state python script I mean is this one: